You're Invited....

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessing of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendants and noble companions'

Ameen

_____________

You're Invited

It is a simple invitation, but it is the best of invitations. It is an invitation to ignore what the media has told you. It is an invitation to really and honestly seek the truth. It is an invitation to hear what your Creator is telling you. It is an invitation to Islam. All are welcome, young, old, black, white, Arab, American, even the British. It is an invitation to all mankind for all time. Islam (meaning peace through voluntary surrender to God) is not a new religion. Each prophet (Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Muhammad- peace be upon them all) came with the same message: Worship God alone and follow his prophets as the best of examples.

This is Islam. Simple.
It is not a culture. It is a way of life. It is not just for Arabs, only 20% of the world’s Muslim population hail from the Middle East. The word Allah, is just the word for God in Arabic, and it is a better word than “god” because it can not be plural and its etymology excludes false gods. Allah is the same creator and sustainer of the universe that sent the ten commandments. Allah is the same God that sent Jesus and allowed him to perform miracles. Allah is the same God that sent all the prophets to guide us to the worship of Him alone without partners.

The purpose of life is to worship Allah alone. That is all. When we do not fulfil our purpose, we feel it missing from our lives. We feel a void, and we try to fill it with other worldly things. We were created to worship Allah. When we don’t do what we were created to do, we try to find a substitute. What ever we obsess about, whatever we would do anything for, even sin for, is what we worship, whether it is a person, money, alcohol, drugs, sex, shopping, love, our own desires, or our own limited logic/reason. It is our nature to worship, and we seek it out.

All these worldly things are created and all these things cannot help us without the Creator’s permission. Allah is in control of all things. You will always be let down by worshipping other than Allah. Allah sent to us messengers to follow as examples of how best to worship Him, how best to live a life free from harming others and own our souls. Allah sent messengers and it is in our nature to follow their example. When we do not follow them, we find sad substitutes to follow. We follow celebrities who are destroying themselves. We follow rock stars who fade and become a source of ridicule in a few short years. We follow fashion-istas whose style will be out-dated in a few months. We follow public figures, politicians, or scientist who will eventually be disproved or exposed in some way. None of these people have been given any kind of guidance from their creator. They are a sad substitute for the example of the prophets. They will tell you how to waste your money and how to be cool. But they are only pawns and have themselves been bought and are being sold to you. They will lead you to destruction, as they have destroyed themselves.

Islam was sent by Allah to mankind to teach us how He wants us to worship Him. We can be spiritual, but we will not have discipline over our own base nature. Has indulging in a desire ever satisfied? We always want more. More money, more things, more drugs, more sex, more! We end up harming ourselves with disease and addiction because we wanted, wanted, wanted and still end up being empty and unsatisfied. We can be religious and not know how Allah wants to be worshipped. If your mother asks you to be respectful of her, and you agree, but you do not follow her criterion for respect. Instead you “respect” your mother by never talking to her or by only running to her when you need help, is this real respect? If we do the same thing to Allah, make up a religion and pretend that we give Allah his due as our creator and sustainer by what we concocted in our own minds, will Allah consider it a true religion? Will Allah consider us having given our due respect to Him?

Islam offers spirituality and religion in a way that Allah deems appropriate, AND in a way that is congruent with our nature. Islam brings peace when practiced, when we submit our will to the one who created us. We can be at peace by not going against our own nature, by worshipping the only one worthy of worship. We can be at peace by following the prophets who give an example of how Allah wants us to worship him, and give an example of how to minimize the damage to ourselves in this life and the life after death. We can be at peace by following those guided by Allah. We can be at peace by refusing to follow those who have no guidance other than their own limited reason, their own whims, or pop culture.

Islam is nothing new. The Quran confirmed what has come before in the Torah the Bible. The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) came with the same message that all previous prophets. But the Quran is the only revelation from Allah that has not been changed by man. And the example of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the only verifiable record of a prophet’s life that still exists. Islam still exists today in its original version, unchanged by man.

Everyone has the choice. There is no compulsion in religion. You do not have to worship your creator. But you will worship something that will let you down. You do not have to follow the best of examples- the prophets. But you will follow those who know nothing of truth. You have a choice to learn about Islam and find peace in this life and in the eternity of the hereafter, but you don’t have to. This is reality- not because it is what I say, but because it is what Allah says. It makes no difference to me whether you believe or do not. And you will not harm Allah if you disbelieve. Allah is not in need of us. We are in need of him.

It is up to you. To accept this invitation, to become a Muslim who submits his will to the will of his or her creator all you must do is truly believe in and say: I bear witness that there is no other God but Allah and that Muhammad is his slave and messenger. (أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله  Ash-Hadu Ina La E-LaHa illa Allah wa Ash-Hadu Ina Mohammad Rasoul Allah -in arabic.)

Then learn about the religion of Islam, learn how Allah wants to save you from harming yourself, learn about how Allah wants us to worship Him alone. Learn about your own nature. May Allah guide all of us.

Source: islamwich.com