Chapter 7: Practice Never Ends Perfect

When I got home I grabbed my current backpack and dumped out all my old papers.

I needed to get ready for my first day of homeschool tomorrow. I grabbed my laptop and slid it into my bag.

Luckily my mom always keeps spare school supplies in the house so I grabbed two notebooks and pencils.

I slid everything into my back pack and decided since my backpack was large enough I could put my dance stuff in it as well.

I was so tired! But I better get used to it I thought to myself.

I plopped down onto my bed and my phone buzzed. It was a group text from Brynn. All the girls from the team were in the group text.

"Hey guys! Tomorrow after practice I'm having a sleepover. My mom will drive us all after practice. Text me if you can make it! 😘" -Brynn

"I'll be there! 😎" -Jojo

"Wouldn't miss it 😂" -Nia

"You know I'll be there!😜" -Maddie

"It would be weird if I wasn't there 🙃😂" -Mackenzie

"We all know it will be weird either way Kenz 😂 and I'll be there!" -Kendall

"True that! I'll be there 😂" I texted.

After we all texted for about an hour and laughed our heads off. I decided I was going to practice my solo then go to bed.

I went into the basement which is basically my 'dance den'.

The floors are hardwood and the one wall has a long mirror on it. My National titles and dance photos hung on the wall. On shelves are trophies, metals, and crowns. However some of my trophies and metals are in my attic and in my room.

I started rehearsing my solo and I think it's getting much better. I definitely have it all memorized.

After I finished practicing I heard my mom get back home. She had just gotten back from picking up some food.

My mom is crazy over getting healthy food but tonight she got chick fil-a sandwiches to celebrate my first day at the ALDC.

After having my chicken sandwich I decided I should probably head to bed. It was only 8:30 pm but I was exhausted.

-

The next morning I awoke at 6:45am and got dressed. I put a grey crop top halter. As well as white jean shorts.

I put on my makeup and decided to leave my hair down. I threw my dance clothes into my backpack as well as my phone charger.

Since the moms take turn carpooling I was waiting for Jill to come pick me up. The rest of the moms will arrive when head over to the ALDC.

When Jill arrived I hopped into the backseat of her mini van. It was funny how all the moms owned mini vans.

"Hey!" I said to Brynn, Jojo, and Kendall. Who were currently in the car.

"Hi" they all replied.

"Jill can you change the station?" Jojo asked.

"Sure." She changed the channel and we all started singing along to Justin B's latest song.

When we arrived at the Zieglers house Maddie and Mackenzie hopped in the car "I love this song!" Maddie said joining in on our sing along.