Chapter 20: The Unexpected

We started to practice the group routine. Basically the routine was about being better than everyone else. Which I mean it's just a dance but this dance had far more meaning behind it in Abby's eyes.

I was pretty happy though because I was the lead in the dance. It was also kind of hard to learn because Sarah isn't coming until tomorrow.

"Okay Mackenzie when you blow the kiss I need more sass in the walk." Abby told Mackenzie.

It was so weird not having so much shouting. No mad Abby, which I suppose is a good thing. However I did want to dance with the other girls as well.

"Okay girls we got through quite a bit of this group dance. Which really speaks levels when you think about it. Mackenzie we're going to be working your solo first. Maddie, Katie you can go hang out in the den." Abby told us.

Maddie and I walked down the hall peaking out the back door.

"I can't believe they are still out there." Maddie said shocked.

"Yeah, I'm surprised the girls haven't just told their moms they wanted to dance and came in here." I said.

"Sadly it's not that simple."

We both walked into the den and sat down on the benches. Maddie had started a group text with all of us girls in it.

"You guys okay?" -Maddie

"Ehh I've been better. 🙄" -Kendall

"Sorry, wish we could come out there. Abby would kill us if we did." -Katie

"💩" - Jojo

"So, who's our replacements?" -Brynn

"Sarah from Pittsburgh." -Maddie

"Just Sarah?" -Nia

"Yep." -Katie

"I thought she'd get a whole dance army to replace us. 😂" -Kalani

"You know, the whole short notice type deal. The army can't get here fast enough for Abby. 😂"
-Maddie

"That's actually probably true." -Jojo

"I'm just mad I finally get back, and I can't dance."
-Kalani

"Sorry boo!😥." -Maddie

"Hey girls, Abby's having you two do a hip hop lesson in studio B." One of the staff members came into the den to tell us.

"Okay we'll be right out." Maddie said.

We both put down our phones and put on our shoes. I put on my Black Nike Roshies.

We walked into studio B and it was a lesson with Julie one of the hip hop instructors. The lesson was great and Ms. Julie made it so much fun!

Soon after the lesson it was time to work on my solo with Miss Abby.

After going back into the den and changing back into a pair of my dance shoes I went to Studio A for the solo.

Abby was sitting on the window ledge doing something on her phone.

"Hello!" She welcomed me.