Chapter 45: Win or Loose

We all gathered on the stage as music blasted. We were all waiting for the highly anticipated awards to begin.

We all wore our ALDC jackets unzipped so you could see our costumes underneath.

To the right side of the stage we stood in a line in the very front. The mini's were in a line on the other side of the stage. We all danced to the music like everyone else was doing.

"Okay, please take a seat we're going to go ahead and get started!" A lady holding a microphone on the other side of the stage announced. Instantly the music turned off.

Obeying the announcer we all sat down. Now it was time to get serious. My stomach churned at the thought of loosing.

"We're going to start with our junior soloist category." I saw Ari squeeze another mini's hand off to the other side of the stage.

At awards it's easy to get bored while waiting for your category. But having the mini's as people to watch in the beginning doesn't make it as bad.

"Third place, Julia with Little Soldier!" A little girl it up and accepted the award. Ari was squeezing her eyes shut which was kinda funny to watch.

"Second place, Hayley with Fighter!" Another girl got up and accepted the award. Now Ari was biting her lip and squeezing her eyes shut. I could barely hold myself back from laughing.

"Now ladies and gentlemen your first place overall junior soloist is... Ari with Emotions! Abby Lee Dance Company!" The announcer shouted the last part. Ari got up happily and went over and accepted the award.

She beamed as people took pictures. "Congratulations soloist!" Ari and the two other girls were directed back to their seats with their awards.

"Now who wants to find out the winners of the junior duo/trio category?" We all roared on the stage as well as people in the audience.

"I'll take that as a yes. Third place goes to, act number 135! Lost Together!" Alysa and Alexus were clutching each other's hands. I'm near certain they will win.

"Now, Second place goes to... Act #153, Abby Lee Dance Company, with More Like Sisters!" Alexus slowly stood up and went over and accepted the award for both of them. She wore a nervous smile that's for sure. I felt bad for her because I knew exactly what Abby was go to say to this result.

"Lastly your first place duo/trio Junior goes to... Act #196 with Manic Party!"

The two very excited girls go up and accept the award. Alexus just gives them a fake smile as they get pictures.

"Now who's ready to get onto our Junior groups?" The announcer asked as the duo/trio winners went and sat down.

Abby was now frowning and ignoring the announcers. After going through all the places we finally got down to the top three. "In third place we have act #36 with Coming For You! Abby Lee Dance Company!"

Lilly stood up and accepted the award for the rest of the mini's. After finishing the rest of the Juniors we finally got to the Teen division.

"Our teens have been patiently waiting for us to get to their division, who's excited?" We all cheered to the announcer I was anxious to find out the winners which I hoped were us.