Chapter 35: Gloomy Days

"Katie could you come up here!" My mom yelled from upstairs. I was dancing down stairs and I was dreading going upstairs. I knew exactly what she wanted me for.

I sluggishly walked up the steps. "I'm coming." I said in a regular toned voice

I walked into the kitchen where my mom was holding an envelope and a pile of papers.

"What is it?" I questioned acting like I knew nothing.

"Apparently your dad is trying to get full custody over you." She replied annoyed.

"What? Why would he want custody over me! There's no way he could get it." I acted trying to sound like this was news.

"Don't worry I'm positive he will never be able to get custody over a kid let alone you." My mom assured me.

"Yeah your right." I acted.

"I'm surprised your taking this so well. I expected tears." My mom told me.

What she didn't know was that I had already cried over this. I cried over this with Melissa and Abby in the back of the studio. But that was something my mom simply couldn't know.

"The court date is going to be the day of the Holiday party at the ALDC so I wont be able to make it. I texted Melissa and she said you could stay the night with them the day before." My mom told me.

I nodded my head excited to have a sleepover with Maddie, then go to the Christmas party, and finally attend the big sleepover at Brynn's house.

After I talked with my mom a bit more I went down and finished working on my dances. Then I eventually can upstairs had dinner then went up to my room for bed.

When I awoke in the morning I put on a grey pocket shirt with my white denim jean shorts.

I was ready to go by the time Ashley pulled up our driveway.

"Kenz!" I hugged her as I got into the car. "Feel better?" I asked her as I took a seat next to Maddie and Kalani.

"Yeah, lots." She replied as I buckled my seat belt.

"Well don't let Abby make you feel bad again." Brynn told her from the passenger seat. 

"Wait, what happened?" Mackenzie asked.

"Abby wouldn't let us work on the group without you. She thinks you were faking since you were fine two days ago." Jojo explained.

"Yeah because I would totally fake being sick even though I am in the group and have a solo." Mackenzie sarcastically replied rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"Kenz, no matter what happens we'll have your back." Nia said giving her a hug.

"Aww you girls are so cute!" Ashley said from the front seat.

We went and did school then went
to dance. While we were getting ready Kendall kept talking about how she was texting Conor all night.

Which honestly she probably wasn't exaggerating. We all knew she was going to be extremely tired.

"We should go to the mall again today and meet up with the boys." Kendall suggested.