Chapter 62: Today's Going to be Better

Last night after being woken up we went to Abby's house and basically did nothing but play Christmas music on Pandora and hang out.

When I woke up in the morning I took in a deep breath. Today's going to be Better. It has to be. I dug out some clothes and decided on a grey and black Five Seconds of Summer tank with black leggings and my Adidas Superstars.

I do listen to 5sos and I love their music. One day I hope they come to LA on tour so I can see them in concert.

"I cannot wait until tomorrow!" Maddie told someone on FaceTime as I walked into the living room.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked.

"Rebecca." Maddie replied looking to me.

"Oh hey Rebecca!" I waved to her coming into camera view.

I can't wait until tomorrow either! We're going to be spending our day hanging with Colleen, Rachel, and Rebbecca. All the while spending the day dancing. Tomorrow is going to be a jam packed day. But hopefully it'll be equally as fun.

We talked to Rebbecca for a while then Abby gave us each a fruit yogurt combination cup before heading off to the studio.

***

"Good job girls that's going to look really good when you're with the backup dancers." Miss T told us after we had finished a long practice for the video. We're already done with dance but since Abby wants it to be absolutely perfect... Here we are.

"Thank you." Maddie and I both replied breathing heavily. We gave Miss T a high five before she sent us off so she could start her next class. The number of teachers is dropping due to the Holiday break, so the number of classes is also starting to drop.

Maddie and I walked down to the den to see who's here. "Nick!" Maddie shouted and she ran and hugged a boy who was sitting on one of the benches playing on his phone.

They hugged and looked excited to see each other. I walked over to where Maddie was and the tall boy looked at me giving a welcoming smile. I suppose he's a few years older than Kalani. "You must be Katie." He said looking to me.

"That's me." I chuckled surprised he knew my name.

"I'm Nick Dobbs, nice to meet you." He greeted.

"How do you guys know each other?" I asked looking from Nick to Maddie.

"Oh my gosh we both danced at ALDC Pittsburgh together. He was like my family back then, and our family's were like best friends. He's basically like my older brother, well... Until you know, we had to move out here to LA." Maddie explained.

"Yep, I actually was on Dance Moms for an episode." Nick added.

"Really! That's so cool what was the dance?"

"Your dream will be my dream is what the dance was called I'm pretty sure." Nick replied.

"Yep. Anyways what are you doing out here in LA?" Maddie asked.

"Well, Abby said she's been needing some help teaching around here and I could use a better paying job. So she agreed to give me a little test run and let me do a few classes and after the holidays maybe she'll invite me back."