Chapter 69: So Much Hurt

Get ready for such an unrealistic chapter that I low key hate because it's so unrealistic... I'm sorry I may have ruined the book.

One Week and Seven Days Later...
Christmas Eve...

I've slowly been getting better with the situation over the past week or so. Thankfully so has my mom her injuries are starting to fade and her bruises are going away. Of course she still has broken bones but they are healing just the way the doctors would like them too. It was really hard for me at first but I've grown used to it since. I've even FaceTime a few of the girls including Maddie/Mackenzie, Kendall, and Kalani. They've been so sweet and supportive with me lately I'm lucky to have them in my life.

As for the leaked video, tons of websites have released story's trying to figure out what's going on. Luckily none of them have, and I hope they never will. I haven't posted anything on social media but I have liked some fan's post and other friends and celebrities pictures. People question me more and more everyday but I just try to ignore it.

Liv even questioned me about what happened and I told her everything. I had to. She's one of my best friends she deserves to know. Liv's mom, also known as my second mom which I haven't seen in forever, has been talking to Abby. They're setting up plans for her mom to come down here with Liv and they'll be taking care of me since Abby's going to be having to get back to the studio in just a week. The day she returns marks the end of the break. Which means the elite competition team is expected to be back. I'm not even sure if I will be back though... I don't want Abby to go but I know Liv and her mom will take care of me. After all they are basically like a family to me. Liv's dad will be staying home with her two younger brothers so everything is going to work out for them.

Today's been bittersweet so far. The hospital has been doing special things with the family's of the patients as well as the patients. Mainly the longer term people. The hospital came around handing out Christmas candy and they even got me some lip makeup. It's sweet and really nice for them to do.

Abby and I have been spending the day hanging out and just trying to enjoy Christmas Eve. We've watched Christmas shows, listened to Christmas music, and went to the lobby and listened to the Christmas carolers.

My thoughts keep trying to wonder off and thing about what could've been of this day. What would've happened if I wasn't stuck in this terrible situation. They also start to wonder to the possibilities if none of this happened in the first place. I would've been in a Target commercial. Sadly I had to cancel that opportunity due to simply not being emotionally able to leave Dallas without my mother. They said they hoped what ever was going on was okay and they hope future projects will still be taken into consideration. The draining work of the promo video which won't even be released until who knows when? I still wonder if Abby even plans on releasing it now. I'm not sure but I can't bring myself to asking her.

"Katie why don't you get off that phone and go to sleep. Christmas is tomorrow." Abby insisted. I hadn't even realized I'd been staring at my home screen for the past ten minutes.

"I guess." I placed my phone down on the table and pulled a blanket over myself. Christmas is not going to be easy.

***

"Katie get up we need to leave the room." Abby shook me awake.

"Hurry up with the breathing mask!" I heard people shouting and things beeping like crazy. What the heck was going on. I snapped my eyes awake to realize something was going on with my mother. Abby was in front of me trying to get me up.

"Get them out now! They can't be here!" One of the people yelled. They were all gathered around my mother.

Before I could react I was being pulled out of the room. I hadn't even noticed the tears dripping my my cheeks.

"I need the pain killers, where are they!" The doctors scurried around yelling at each other.

I was pulled out of the room by Abby the door being shut behind us. She dragged me down the hallway the a random seating area.

"What's happening! What's going on!" I had no idea what was happening but I didn't like it one bit. For as far as I knew my mother was dying.

"Katie I honestly don't know but it's going to be okay! I'm sure it's just an alarm!"

I couldn't control myself and I sobbed and sobbed. Abby comforted me even crying with me. My heart feels like it's being ripped to shreds. It feels so shattered I don't even think I could safety pin the broken pieces back together.

I don't know how long it was later but I would say a good guess is an hour, a male doctor approached us. "Hello ladies I have some news for you. You are Katie Rose and Abby Miller?"

"Yes we are." Abby directed her attention to the man.

"Okay I have some news. Amanda is not doing well at the moment. Her condition has drastically worsened and she was instantly rushed into surgery. The doctors discovered late signs of cancer that have gone under the radar. It's a good thing they discovered it now because if they hadn't she probably wouldn't have survived."

When I heard the word cancer my body tensed up. How could a word stand for so much evil and cruelty. So much pain and agony. So much hurt.

{I'm so evil and I feel so bad for it! I still love you guys I promise! Thanks for everything! Because I feel so bad I'll be posting tomorrow too! Much love to you guys! 😘}

|This story is STILL updated REGULARLY! |

Give Back Shout Outs
Shout out: Favorite or Comment
Rules: Don't ask for shoutouts please
Why I started Give Back Shoutouts:
I give shoutouts and a follow to show my gratitude to my amazing fantastic readers.

•Word Count 1070