Chapter 38: We're like Sisters

"So are we good?" Nia asked. I looked to Maddie to see what she thought. But there was simply no way I could tell.

Finally she spoke. "I don't know." Maddie replied wiping tears from her face. I felt the same way. I simply didn't know who to trust.

We could hear the faint shouting from down the hall. I just wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear. Clearly I wasn't welcome here.

Suddenly it became quiet and all the shouting stopped. Maddie and I wiped the tears from our eyes.

"Maddie and Katie come on out here!" Abby shouted from the hallway. We both got up and walked into the hallway.

When we came face to face with Abby our eyes were still puffy and red. The mothers had taken their places on the bleachers. However Melissa, Kira, Ashley and my mom were sitting on the opposite side of the bleachers than the other moms.

"Girls I want you to listen very carefully to what I'm about to say." Abby told us in a quiet enough tone only we could hear.

We nodded our heads and waited for Abby to continue. Questions ran through my head, I felt like I was having a marathon of thoughts running right through my brain. Was I going to get kicked off the team? Was the though that concerned me the most.

"Girls don't let those crazy moms get to your head. Your both talented and amazing dancers." I cracked a small smile at that compliment. "I need you two, to show them that your not a force to be reckoned with."

All the negative thoughts that were flowing through my mind seemed to disappear after Abby said this.

"I want you girls to fight for that first place and prove those moms wrong, I need you to put in 150% into your routines. Don't only do this to prove them wrong, go do it for yourselves. I need your group routine in first place and Katie I need you to extinguish Jojo's fire." Abby paused for dramatic effect. "Don't disappoint me."

We nodded our heads to her once again. "Okay go get ready for your group routine and let Bynn and Kalani know." Abby instructed.

"Okay." Maddie replied and we both went back into the den.

All the rest of the girls eyes were fixed on us when we walked in. I looked to the floor and grabbed my bag off one of the benches. I started searching for my turners in my now messy bag while keeping my head low.

"We're going to work on the group routine." I spoke quietly as my voice shook.

"Okay." Brynn replied awkwardly as Kalani and her started scrambling to get ready.

After I finished putting my turners on I quickly exited the den to escape into the hallway.

My face went hot as I walked down the hallway into Studio A. The moms facial expressions didn't change but I could only imagine what they were thinking.

I opened the glass door to studio A and walked in. If it wasn't awkward already there was nobody in the studio but me. With all moms in the viewing area just staring at me. Real soothing..

I sat on the floor and began stretching out. I closed my eyes which relaxed me. I needed to ignore the moms and dance. I didn't come here to start drama, make enemy's, or most certainly I didn't come here to cry. I came here to dance and that's exactly what I needed to focus on.