Chapter 72: Happy Tears

Sorry I didn't post for a while I'm not Wattpad missing and I don't plan on going Wattpad missing! I've been super lazy and I fully take responsibility for that I'm super sorry for the weeks wait!

Katie's POV
The last few days have seemed to just fly by for me. My mom was officially transferred to a Los Angeles hospital today and I'm so glad to be back in my home city. I'm just really excited to get to see the girls today. It's finally Saturday which is the day of the competition.

Liv's mom is currently driving me to the actual competition at the moment. I'm going to be meeting the girls in the dressing room. Liv's mom is going to leave afterwards to give me time to catch up with everyone. She also is going to go catch up with her husband, sons, and Liv since she hasn't seen them since coming to Texas with me. I'm super thankful for her and I can't thank her enough for coming and supporting me in this hard time.

I'm currently wearing black leggings a white tank top and my ALDC Competition jacket unzipped over it. I just felt the need to support the team that way. I also don't want people thinking I was kicked off the team or something bizarre like that.

***

"Thank you so much for being there for me in Dallas." I say to Liv's mom as we stand outside the ALDC dressing room.

"It's so problem sweetie."

I gave her a hug and she told me she'd see me soon before walking down the hall leaving me. I pulled a smile on my face, took a deep breath, then I pulled the door to the dressing room open.

Everyone's eyes were directed to me and I knew the cameras had been turned to me too. I made eye contact with Maddie first who was helping Ari with her hair. She immediately dropped what she was doing and ran over to me enfolding me in a hug.

All the other girls ran over to me too and we had a giant group hug. I was so happy to be with everyone again I began crying. "I missed you guys so much." I admit still hugging everyone.

"We missed you too." I heard replies from all the girls. When we finally pulled away from the group hug I began wiping my eyes.

"Awe Katie come here." Melissa holds her arms out to me which makes me smile. I walk over to her receiving a hug.

I proceeded to give hugs to everyone including Abby, Gia, and the minis. It feels really weird to be here and to not be dancing. Almost sad.

"Okay we're so you glad your back Katie but I need my soloist to finish getting ready. If you don't have a solo go ahead and start putting on the group routine costumes." Abby instructs. Everyone scatters and began doing as Abby had said.

"How've you been holding up Kit Kat?" Gia asks as I take a seat next to her.

"I've been better." I shrug trying not to get emotional.

"It'll all be okay." She assures me.

"So who's the new mini?" I ask changing the subject. I had seen the little brown haired girl when I entered the room but I still don't know who she is.

"That would be Elliana, but she prefers to go by Ellie.

"Who's her mom?"

"Yolanda. That hers over there." Gia nodded her head in the direction of Yolonda.

"Is she crazy?" I ask laughing a bit.