Prologue; An Awfully Big Adventure

The boy looked down at the waters beneath him. He dipped down low enough to skim the tops of the foaming crests with his feet. The water was cool and refreshing. The boy laughed and then shot heavenward. He soared through the night sky doing flips and summersaults smiling as he went. After all this time flying was still pure excitement!

"Aw Tink don't you just love flying?" the boy said with a grin. A little ball of light flew up to the boy's ear and jingled her response. The boy laughed at her reply. He put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

"Where are we going anyways?" Tink chimed.

"I dunno," the boy shrugged.

"But you must have some idea? I mean you don't just up and fly away in the middle of the night without knowing where you are going."

The boy just smiled at her. Tink stamped her foot in the air, quite perturbed. The boy smirked at the little fairy's impatience. He then gestured for her to look ahead of them. It took a moment for Tink to register what he was trying to get her to do. She finally glanced up. Ahead of them the glow of the big clock tower shown through the fog. Tink rolled her eyes, understanding where they were going now.

"Will you at least tell me why you want to go to the big city Peter?" She said putting her small hands on her hips.

Peter Pan paused mid-flight trying to come up with a good answer. Finally after a few moments, with a mischievous spark in his eye he simply said, "Because!"

She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Because I like adventures, and it feels like there is an adventure waiting for me there! I've just got to find it!" Satisfied with his answer he turned his concentration back to flying. The glow from the clock tower illuminated the snow covered city. Something inside him jumped. He grinned; somehow he knew that whatever happened, it was going to be an awfully big adventure!