Chapter 12: Stories From a Girl

There was much celebration that night in Neverland when Peter arrived. The great Harvest moon was shining down upon the island, and the Natives had declared a feast! The Indians and the lost boys, bedecked in beads and feathers, had gathered together for food, a few festive tests of strength, and fun. There was one person who was particularly pleased that the lost boys had come.

Raven black hair shimmering with a tint of blue in the moonlight, she stood haughty and proud. Her deep brown eyes reflected the dancing fire's light. Her eyes were bold and daring; laughing at the attempts of several Braves' trying to woo her attention. Face ever frozen in a beautiful glare, her smile was almost nonexistent. Except when she was in the company of a certain reckless redhead, then it beamed brighter than the noon day sun.

The Indian princess had yet to smile tonight, for the object of her desire had not shown up. She rolled her eyes when the lost boys began to have play sword fights and glanced longingly up at the waning moon. Where was he? A light tinkling sound roused Tiger Lilly from her thoughts. A little ball of light landed on her shoulder.

"Hello Tinkerbell."

Tink managed a slight wave as she yawned and stretched, just awaking from a beauty rest. Tiger Lilly smiled and looked around for Tink's constant companion but he was nowhere to be found.

"Where is Little Flying Eagle and why aren't you with him?" She questioned the little pixie. At this Tink turned bright scarlet and made a foot stomping motion and said some mighty fierce words for someone so small. Something about Peter and a Big Ugly Girl and a Story and that Ugly girl.

Tiger Lilly stopped smiling. A Girl? Not her? And a story? Just as Tiger Lilly was going to ask for an explanation, there was a sudden outcry from the lost boys.

"Ouch Nibs not so hard!" yelped Slightly.

Nibs' blow was a little harder than what Slightly was prepared for. He sucked on his injured fingers and gave Nibs a steely look. Cubby, Tootles, and the twins all stopped their battles to snigger at the injured boy

Nibs rolled his eyes. "Well it wouldn't hurt so bad if you actually knew how to use your sword to block, blockhead!"

"That's right! And if you blockheads can't remember how to use a sword I'm just gonna have to find some new lost boys." Peter swooped in from the sky and landed in the middle of the fight. He grinned daringly with hands on hips.

"Peter you're back!" Nibs dropped his sword and ran over to their leader. The rest of the boys quickly followed suit running up to their leader and clamoring for his attention.

"I won a wrestling match!" Announced Slightly

"Ya well, I won the stone toss!" Nibs interjected, not to be outdone.

"We won the three legged race!" the Twins proclaimed proudly.

"I won the eating contest!" Cubby exclaimed, eager for recognition.

"And Tootles won a staring challenge!" Slightly said. Tootles smiled triumphantly.

"Well I guess my men are good for something!" Peter laughed. "Well done men you've made me proud!"

Tiger Lilly watched Peter with interest. Where had he been? Who was this girl? Deciding the boys had had their share of their leader; it was her turn for attention and answers. Tiger Lilly with Tink in tow, sauntered over to the little band.

"Well I could beat all of you in a game of chase."

Peter looked up, "Oh, hello Tiger Lilly, Hello Tink."