Mermaid Lagoon

Peter was aloof on the way to Mermaid Lagoon; he barely said a word to Wendy but would eagerly chat with the lost boys and Tinkerbell. Wendy wondered what she had done wrong to earn such treatment. With spirits and shoulders slumped, she trudged onward.

Nibs noticed his Mother's disheartened appearance and slowed to walk with her.

"What's wrong Mother?"

Wendy looked up startled; she didn't realize she had company. Trying to appear cheerful she forced a smile.

"Nothing is wrong!"

Nibs gave her a disbelieving look. "Really Mother? Because you don't look like nothing is wrong."

Wendy silently scolded herself for letting her emotions show so plainly. She would have to do better at keeping them under control.

"Really I am quite alright Nibs. But thank you for being so concerned for me." She smiled sweetly at Nibs.

Nibs sighed in relief. "Good! I mean you're welcome!"

He took a hold of Wendy's hand and pulled her along faster. "Come on! Mermaid Lagoon is probably the prettiest thing on the island. Well...besides you Mother." Nibs blushed, but quickly recovered. "You don't want to miss it!"

Peter, who was at the head of the group, looked back and frowned. He tried to ignore the flash of annoyance at seeing Nibs hold Wendy's hand. He tried to shake it off, but it didn't sit well with him. Why though? Why would that bother him? Brow creased, he flew on, slightly lower than before.

Tinkerbell chimed What's wrong Peter?

Peter looked back at Wendy and grunted "Nothing, absolutely nothing."

Tinkerbell looked to where he was looking. It was that stupid girl again! If it hadn't been for her Peter would be just fine and happy! Tink had to do something about her now, she couldn't wait for Hook. Tink pondered in her tiny head what she could do.

Meanwhile, Wendy was charmed by Nib's words and her spirits lifted. She allowed Nibs to pull her along the path to Mermaid Lagoon, smiling at his eagerness. The trees began to thin and like a curtain opened to reveal the most beautiful place Wendy had ever seen.

Enclosed by light pink cliffs, sat a pool of clear blue green water. A sparkling waterfall splashed playfully down at the back of the lagoon. The mist created a spectacular rainbow that hung over the area. Green foliage and flowers in all their jeweled varieties decorated the sides of the lagoon giving off an enticing aroma. Scattered here and there were outcroppings of pink rocks, just perfect for lying about in the sun. Wendy noticed that on those rocks sat several very real and very beautiful mermaids! She couldn't believe her eyes! Real mermaids!

The boys, excluding Michael and John, who were used to seeing such splendor, ran to the edge of the water and started hopping from rock to rock. John was trying to figure out how such a thing as mermaids was scientifically possible. Michael just ogled at them with a great big smile.

The mermaids, realizing they had company stopped pruning themselves and looked up to see Peter and his band.

"Peter! Oh Peter is here!" A brunet mermaid announced excitedly.

A chorus of "Hello Peter's" Echoed through the Lagoon.

Peter blew on his pipes and flew to a central rock. The mermaids gathered around the rock, eager to be seen.

"Hiya girls!" Peter greeted sitting down.

"Oh I'm so glad to see you!" A dark haired mermaid crooned.