The Accord

The Jolly Roger sat still in the moonlit waters of Cannibal Cove. A few lanterns were lit, casting the ship into an eerie glow. The ship was all but silent, the crew asleep or otherwise occupied. A soft tune drifted out of the window of Captain Hook' luxurious quarters. It was a haunting melody, played on a harpsichord with impressive skill for its one handed occupant.

Hook sat alone in his cabin, eyes red from lack of sleep. His unkempt hair was falling in his face and he was without a shirt. A bottle of rum balanced precariously on the ledge of the harpsichord. Hook plunked on the keys as he thought. It had been almost two weeks since their last encounter with Peter Pan. It was unusual. Normally they couldn't go more than a couple of days without being tormented by that miserable flying rat and his band of rag tags. But for some odd reason, they hadn't seen heads or tails of the group. He wondered what it could possibly mean.

Hook paused his playing and cocked his head to the side. Either his hearing was going or there had been a delicate tinkling at the window. There it was again! Hook stood up from the harpsicord and grabbed a pistol lying on a side table. Slowly he crept towards the window. Leaning against the wall Hook edged the window open and pointed his pistol into the night air. Nothing. Hook threw the window open completely, and peered out into the darkness. Again nothing. He sneered at his momentary lapse of judgement and turned back into the room.

As he turned around he was startled to come face to face with a little ball of light. Blinking to readjust his vision, Hook peered at the light. It was Pan's Pixie! What was she doing here? Was Pan here?

"Miss Bell." Hook said in greeting.

Hook. She replied.

"Forgive the lack of dress. I was not expecting company. What brings you to my humble abode?"

Tinkerbell watched as Hook's hand went to the trigger of his pistol. She rolled her eyes.

Relax Hook, I came alone. Peter doesn't even know I've left.

Hook raised his eyebrow wearily. He didn't know if he should trust what the pixie said, but seeing as Pan hadn't jumped out of the shadows yet, he took his hand off the gun.

"Well then Miss Bell, what is so important that it dragged you out in the middle of the night to seek out the likes of a black hearted pirate? It couldn't be for the pleasure of my company, could it?"

No! Tink huffed. I came to ask a favor.

Hook was mildly intrigued. What could this pixie want from him? If she wanted something from him, maybe he could gain something in return!

"A favor? Interesting. And what favor might this be? And before you speak, let it be known that Captain Hook does not do favors. I make bargains. And, it will come with a cost. Are you willing to pay?"

I will pay anything! Tink tinkled eagerly.

"Anything? This must be quite the favor if you are willing to pay anything." Hook mused. He stroked his mustache. "Alright Miss Bell, what is the bargain?"

I need to get rid of someone. I need them gone, permanently.

"Oh I see. That kind of bargain. Who is the unfortunate party?"

You wouldn't know her, but her name is Wendy. Peter brought her from the main land. I want her gone.

"Ah! There you are mistaken! I am just recently acquainted with the girl! She was an...intriguing capture. She seemed to know who I was, but we had not yet been introduced. And those blue eyes...so full of defiance." Hook mused.

This upset Tinkerbell. Of course Hook knew who Wendy was. She was everywhere!

I want her gone.

"Of course! Of course! And I am most happy to oblige. But for the sake of curiosity can I inquire as to why she has been selected as a target of your hate?"

Tinkerbell balled up her fists and started to shake and glow red. She couldn't even explain how much she hated Wendy!

Hook watched the little fairy shake in anger and...was that jealousy? He laughed. Tinkerbell flew up in his face and punched him on the nose for laughing at her.

"Forgive me for laughing my dear but I can tell why you want her gone."

You can?

"Oh yes Miss Bell! This island isn't big enough for two females in Pan's life is it?"

Tink nodded in shock, how he had guessed it so quickly was beyond her.

"I see," And Hook did see. He saw a jealous and petty female he could use to his advantage. Feigning concern Hook touched his hand to where his heart should have been.

"My deepest sympathies, Miss Bell. It must be awful! One moment, it's just you and Peter, soaring above the waves not a care in the world. Then the next, you are cast aside without a second thought, like....like an old glove!"

Tinkerbell's eyes watered, it was true. Hook saw the tears forming in the pixie's eyes and handed her a handkerchief. Tink took the cloth and cried into the corner.

He banished me. She tinkled softly.

"No! His own fairy! What a scoundrel!" Hook played to her emotions. Pan banishing his own fairy was interesting...maybe there was more to this Wendy than he previously thought.

"Well m'dear there is only one thing to be done! I will take care of this unfortunate problem. Tomorrow night bring Wendy to me and I shall take care of it personally."

Tink looked up from crying. You'll really do it?

"Madame! I give my word, it shall be done! Tomorrow night I will make Wendy an offer, to join my crew. We'll sail her far from this island and you will have your Peter back."

Tink gave a small smile.

"Now on the subject of payment, in case things do not go as planned, I'll need to know where Peter's hideout is, so that I can take matters into my own hands if she refuses."

Tink shook her head vehemently. I can't do that!

"You said you'd be willing to pay anything, and that is my price. Pan's hideout for the girl."

Tink bit her lip. She needed to think this through. If she gave Hook the location of the hideout she just might lead Peter to his doom. She couldn't betray him like that, not again.

On one condition...you must promise not to lay a hand, OR hook on Peter or the boys!

"Upon my honor I will not harm a single hair on Peter's head! I give you my solemn promise!" Hook flourished dramatically.

Tinkerbell nodded her head.

I will give you the location, tomorrow night.

Hook had to restrain himself from cursing out the fairy and demanding it now, but one more night couldn't hurt.

"It seems we have an accord."