Lonely

My cabin was eerily quiet, Hazel had just left for camp Jupiter, leaving me alone in the Hades Cabin.

I was laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling, when my door burst open.

"Nico! Are you alright?" A voice asked.

I turned on my side to see Will Solace standing in my doorway, panting. He was in bright yellow pajama pants and a gray hoodie with no shoes on. His hair was wet.

"Yes, how did you get in here? The door was locked," I groaned.

"I have keys, but Jason just Iris messaged me and said that you were in your cabin and something was wrong," he sighed.

I rolled my eyes, seeing that his hair was dripping water in the floor "well that was just Jason trying to check on me, did you just get out of the shower or something?"

He nodded "just got off my shift, I was actually in the shower when he called me. Are you sure you're okay?"

I nodded "I'm just laying here."

I was only telling half the truth when I said I was okay, I missed Hazel, it was odd to not have someone else in the cabin with me.

Will looked at me suspiciously and approached, "you don't really seem okay."

I didn't answer that time, he eventually just sat next to me and looked at me.

"You miss Hazel? Is that it?" He asked.

I sighed and turned away from him, he was right, I just didn't really feel like talking at that point.

"I'll take that as a yes. Though I don't think Jason knew you were lonely when he told me to visit you," Will chuckled.

We sat there in silence until I decided to lay back on my back. He smiled sweetly down at me his hair dripping slightly on my hands.

"Your hair is still really wet," I muttered.

"I did run over here as quickly as I could," he said.

I sighed again and closed my eyes, I could feel Will moving next to me on the floor, shifting slowly and quietly and then stoping. When I opened my eyes again I could see his large figure laying to my left, his hair was sticking to his face in a few places as he traced the ceiling with his beautiful eyes.

I stared at him for a few minutes, hoping he wouldn't look my way. He looked so peaceful and calm, he was completely comfortable just siting in silence.

When he caught me staring he smiled at me, making his cute little dimples appear.

I blushed and looked back up to the ceiling. Will inched closer to me and started staring at me.

"I never realized you had freckles too," he whispered.

His voice sent chills down my spine, the fact that he was looking into every detail of my face made me blush even more.

"Well then you aren't very observant," I muttered.

Will half laughed and looked back up to the ceiling. We both listened to the sound of each other's breathing for a moment, eventually they synced and we were breathing together perfectly. After about ten minutes I felt Will's hand fidget and inch closer to mine. His pinky linked with mine, squeezing it lightly. There was another electric feeling that went down my spine, he was holding onto my pinky deliberately.

"So," he whispered "you should probably get some sleep, sunshine."

I looked over to him and sighed "so should you."

"For me to sleep I would have to leave you, I don't wanna leave you alone."

For a moment I couldn't help but want to ask for him to just sleep in my cabin, but then I stopped myself. That could change how he saw me if I offered something so rash.

"So what are you going to do? Sit here and watch me sleep?" I asked.

"Well I could technically do that, the rules only say no boy and girl can be alone together in a cabin, and, we're both guys," Will whispered.

"So what are you planning on doing?" I asked, part of me hoping that he would stay with me.

Without answering he sat up and slowly scooping me into his arms. I had no idea how to react, I was so close to him, his warmth transferred into my body like he was a heated blanket. His hair was only slightly wet so it didn't drip on me, or if it did I was to distracted to notice. He started to walk over to my bed and he set me down gently. He pulled the blanket over my body and sat down on the ground by my bed.

After a few moments of me collecting myself I began to try to spit out a sentence, it ended up sounding something like "Wi-you, um, you don't, I mean, you could, sleep."

Will smiled at me and cocked his head to the side "are you saying I could join you?"

I blushed and covered my face "you make it sound so bad."

He laughed and I felt the mattress lower and the blanket raise. He was suddenly right next to me. My heart was racing as he turned to face me.

I could feel his legs, almost tangling with my own, one of his arms rested between us and the other was at his side. Will's hair was a little wet on my pillow but I didn't really mind it. He was staring so deeply into my eyes that I felt as though he was taking me apart, piece by piece.

"It was cold down there, thanks," he muttered.

I nodded and turned away from him, in order to hide my face in the low light that came from the windows.

My efforts to hide myself from him failed, as he cautiously reached his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. I could feel his heartbeat through my back, and his breath was warm on my neck.

"You seemed cold," he said.

His voice was lower and quieter than usual. He slowly snuggled his nose up closer to my neck and I took a sharp breath.

He pulled away suddenly "sorry, just tell me if its too much physical contact."

"It's fine, it's nice knowing you're here," I said, almost inaudibly.

He wrapped his arms back around me and we both fell asleep slowly.

I vaguely remembered him muttering "Night Neeks," as I feel asleep.