Happy Birthday Babe

Nico

When I walked into my cabin it was lit dimly, but not the usual greenish glow that haunted the room, a soft orange light. It was candles.

The room smelled like coconuts and a hint of some floral scent that I couldn't quite place. The candles were on my bedside table, desk, and dresser, probably about twenty of them, all different shapes and sizes.

"Um," I said quietly "Hello?"

"Nico! Just a sec!" Will called from my closet.

"Will? What in Hades name are you doing in my closet?"

I walked towards it, only to have Will run out of it, running straight into me with a bag in his hand along with a bouquet of tiny white flowers and a few other flowers mixed in.

"Happy birthday?" He laughed awkwardly.

The cute little smirk on his face gave me butterflies, and he had remembered my birthday, not even I had done that.

"T-thanks, but you didn't have to do anything," I laughed a little.

Will rolled his eyes, tilting his head a tiny and making a single curl of his swirly hair fall into his eyes "Yes I did, now come sit down."

He lead me over to my bed, setting the flowers in a vase that hadn't been in my room that morning, then sitting down and handing me the present.

"Go on," he said eagerly.

I smiled a bit and slowly searched the bag with my hands, there were quite a few things inside, so I pulled out the first thing I could find.

It was a t-shirt, not black but also not a bright orange Camp shirt. It was ash blue with black stripes and looked about my size.

"Do you like it?"

I nodded, holding Will's hand gently.

I set my shirt down and with my free hand pulled something else out of the bag. It was in a small box of its own so I had to use two hands to open it, reluctantly releasing Will's.

Inside of the small box was a gold watch with a white clock face and a black leather strap.

"Will, you really didn't have to get me anything," I said quietly.

"I wanted to, okay, love?"

"Okay, fine."

"Now, there's more inside of it," he said, gently pushing my hair from my face.

I looked inside of the bag, just a small rectangle was left inside. After taking it out I saw that it was three picture frames tied together. Will set the bag onto the floor as I untied the pretty yellow bow. The first frame had a picture of the seven and I, a picture that Will had taken right after the war. The second was a picture of Will and I, just a little cheesy one of us sleeping by the fire, it was a picture that I didn't know existed. The last one made me almost stop breathing.

It was Bianca, our mother, and I. A small version of the sketch we had commissioned of the three of us back in Italy. I had thought it had been lost.

Staring down at the frame I noticed that there were tears falling onto the glass of the frame, my tears.

I pulled up my sleeve and wiped my eyes "Oh, gods, sorry, I'm a mess now."

Will grasped one of my hands and kissed if "You're always a mess Babe."

I laughed, making more tears fall "Yeah."

He slowly wrapped his arms around me as I cried "Thank you Will. Where did you even find it?"

"I've gotta have some secrets, don't I?" He whispered.

I sniffled and nodded "I guess, as long as they aren't bad."

He pulled away from the hug and held my face in his hands, gently moving my tears with his thumb.

"You like them, right?"

"Of course, I love them. So much," I muttered.

Will slowly inched closer to me and I instinctively closed my eyes. Our lips met for the first time, his were soft against mine. It was our first kiss, and it was perfect.

WOW! That was short and messy but I had to throw something together for my boy. Happy birthday Neeks! Hope y'all enjoyed it!