Close

Will and I were in the infirmary, cutting bandages in the small back room. We were so close that our legs touched as we walked around one another to get the supplies.

"Hey, could you pass me another roll?" Will asked quietly, pointing behind my head.

I looked back and tried to find it "Where?"

Will leaned closer and pointed, his arm was on my shoulder, and his mouth was right next to my ear "Just next to the box of ambrosia."

My heartbeat drowned out all sound as I reached for it, Will still not pulling away.

"H-here," I muttered.

"Thanks."

He stayed like that for a moment, I could feel his breath on my cheek, then he pulled away as soon as he saw someone walk by.

"Will, we need to get a bed through here, is it okay if we close it?" Kayla asked.

Will nodded and she closed the door.

We were now alone, in a closed space, so so close to one another. After a while the lights were turned off in the room outside, making the light in the room turn off as well. Will grabbed a flashlight and turned it on, pointing it towards the ceiling.

"We should probably head to our cabins, it looks like everyone else is going out."

I nodded and headed for the door knob, but when I turned it it wouldn't budge.

"What's wrong?" Will asked, putting a hand gently on my shoulder as I giggled the handle.

"I-it's locked," I sighed "Who's idea was it to have a door lock from the outside?"

Will frowned and reached over me, trying it himself "I don't know, and I have Kayla my keys earlier so she could lock up another storage room."

"Well that's just great. So we're stuck?" I asked.

Will sighed slightly and muttered "Yeah, until someone comes by at least."

My heart rate sped up, the idea of being trapped in such a small space again made me want to cry. I slowly lowered myself to the floor and hugged my knees.

"N-Nico, what are you doing?"

I shook my head and buried my head in my knees, trying not to think about the golden jar.

Will knelt down and placed a hand on my back "Hey, we're gonna be fine, someone'll come by and let us out."

"I know Will, I'm not stupid, it's just, so small in here."

"Shit I'm sorry, I didn't even think about that. You were trapped that one time and-"

"Don't talk about it," I whispered loud enough for him to shut up.

My breath began to shake a little, remembering what had happened in that dark little place. Unexpectedly Will dropped the flashlight and wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck. He was so warm that it was as if I had just laid out in the sun for a few hours. He squeezed me gently and lifted his head, kissing my cheek so slightly that I barely noticed it.

"Sorry," he muttered.

I responded by turning around and wrapping my arms around his waist, listening to his heartbeat, which was almost as fast as my own.

"It's fine, I don't mind. You're so warm," I muttered into his chest.

After a while of us sitting there on the crowded floor Will let go and stood, moving things around so there was more space. He tossed some spare blankets and pillows at me, along with a candle and a small lighter. Eventually there was enough room for us to both fit on the floor laying down.