Bucky Barnes/Reader- I Missed You

You were violently woken up from your dream when you felt your boyfriend's hands around your throat. Bucky was squeezing your throat tighter and tighter and tighter.

"Bucky..." you wheezed. His grip wasn't letting up, you grabbed the gun on your nightstand and hit him over the head with it. Bucky gave a loud gasp and released you.

"Oh my god (y/n)... Are you okay? I'm so sorry! I was dreaming, I would ne-"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" you said pointing a gun at him.

"Please babe, put the gun down."

"I'm leaving, we're taking a break. I'm staying with Nat for awhile." you said getting up. You rummaged around the closet looking for your suitcase.

"No! Please don't leave! I'm sorry! I'll get help I promise!" Bucky said.

"You say that everytime buck, I can't keep doing this. I'll see you around the tower." you said and left the bedroom heading straight for the elevator. You entered the elevator and pressed Nat's floor.

It's been months since you've been bunking with Nat. You were so grateful that she let you use her spare bedroom to stay in while you figured things out. Things have been very weird once the news of what happened spread around the tower, you and Bucky were the tower's power couple. Nothing could come between you two, Bucky's nightmares have never gotten to the point where your life was in danger, but here you are. You were lounging on the couch when Nat and Steve sat on both sides of you.

"So (y/n) you know that I love you a lot right?" Nat asked.

"Yeah, and I love you a lot too Nat. You're my best friend." you replied smiling at her.

"So you won't be mad at me when I ask you to move out?" your smile dropped.

"What?"

"There's nothing wrong with you but I really need my own space back. I hope you understand."

"Well where am I supposed to go?"

"Maybe you can move back in with Bucky?" she asked sheepishly.

"Oh no! Nope! I refuse! I refuse to move back in with him, I will not move back in until I see improvement." you protested. You attempted to get up off of the couch but Steve pulled you down.

"(y/n), Bucky has improved. He's been going to therapy and he's been finding ways to get rid of his nightmares." Steve said "He's not the same without you. He misses you alot and he's doing all of this for you. Please. For us, for the team." You began to cry, truth is you missed Bucky a lot. You missed holding his hand while you were watching movies together, you missed the way his hair smelled after his showers, and you especially missed the way his lips felt against yours. For the sake of the team you decided to go find Bucky.

You immediately went to the gym, finding Bucky letting everything out on a poor punching bag. You let out a small sniffle and tugged on the writs of your sweater. Bucky turned to see you stand there eyes red and puffy. With a few strides Bucky's arms were around you in a tight embrace.

"I missed you so much" he said against your head.

"I missed you too." you replied squished against his chest. "Do you think that maybe we can start again?" He let go of you and looked into your eyes.

"Yeah, and this time I won't ever hurt you again. I promise" He said and kissed you.

A/N: Thanks for reading! If you would like  to request something please drop a message. Don't forget to favourite! xx