007

"THE STARS DON'T CARE ABOUT WHO I AM OR WHAT I DO. THE GALAXY DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT MY MISTAKES. I DON'T OWE THE UNIVERSE ANYTHING."

CONFRONTING George about his decision to talk to Arden was a difficult thing for Fred to do. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to go about doing that, especially since it was obvious that his twin tried so hard to keep it a secret. Fred respected that much and didn't tell Lee, Angelina, and Katie, though he knew they'd find out eventually.

More than confused, Fred was hurt. Sure, he didn't exactly agree on George talking to 'Heartless Ardy' but he would've still supported him because that's what twins do– support each other. He was hurt because George didn't trust him enough to tell him something like that. They told each other everything and now George wouldn't even tell him who he was talking to, he had to figure it out from two gossiping fourth years.

Currently, George was finishing a Charms essay in the common room. The room was nearly empty, most students in class or outside. The Weasley twins sat at a table together, concentrating on their schoolwork because both knew they'd be dead men if their mother received another note saying they weren't focusing enough on their studies. She had already threatened to throw out all of their creations for Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

Fred couldn't focus on his own essay, trying to figure out how to bring the topic of Arden up with George instead of how he should word his paper.

"Is something wrong?" George suddenly asked, eyebrows raised as he twirled his quill in between thin fingers. "You look like you're constipated."

The twins just stared at each other for a minute, George's eyebrows furrowing in concern and Fred's face contorting in a mix of confusion and hard thinking. Before George could ask what was bothering his brother, Fred blurted out a question. "Are you seeing Arden Gosse?"

This was something George was not expecting. He was expecting something along the lines of not knowing what else he should add to his homework assignment or what else they should tweak on their inventions. Even what he should do about Angelina Johnson. He was certainly not prepared for his brother to find out about Arden Gosse so he didn't have another alibi. Instead, his lips were parted slightly as he continued to stare at his brother, trying to figure out how he had pieced it together and discovered who he was sneaking off to spend time with.

"Look," Fred began, placing his own quill on the table. "You're my brother, my twin at that. Of course I'm going to find out who you're seeing. I just, I wanted confirmation because I didn't think you'd hide something like this from me. I certainly didn't think you'd try getting with her after we warned you. It hurts me Georgie, it hurts me that you couldn't share something like this with me and that you had to lie. Why didn't you just tell me?"

George pursed his lips, inhaling deeply and then exhaling. "I didn't tell you because I knew what you'd say. I knew what all of you would say. You guys would have just shot me down and make me feel bad about my decision. I know you have my best interest at heart but trust me, I know what I'm doing. And I wanted to tell you, I was just waiting for the right moment. I'm sorry for lying and for keeping this from you, I just didn't want my own twin making me feel bad for who I choose to talk to, that's all."

For a moment, neither of the twins said a thing. Fred knew George was right; he would have lectured George and he would have tried to change his mind on his choice. "I'm sorry too." Fred finally spoke. "I just, if you explained I'm sure I could have understood. But I don't. George, she was born under the influence of a love potion...she'll never love you. I don't want you to get hurt."