024

"THERE ARE STARS IN HIS HAIR AND SWIRLING GALAXIES IN HIS EYES. THERE ARE RAINSTORMS FLOWING IN HIS BLOODSTREAM, AND CHAOS IN HIS SOUL."

LETTERS from George came to the Gosse household frequently. It was never annoying to Arden, fortunately. Her usual summers consisted of studying, staying up late for Neil to return home, preparing dinner on the days he did come home late or didn't return at all, and sleeping. Every now and then she'd leave the house, and some summers they went on vacations. So writing to George gave her something to do and so she never minded getting a letter every other day.

It was another day in the quiet house; Neil was downstairs preparing himself and Arden tea and fixing breakfast. He didn't really ever leave till 11 or 12 o'clock. It gave him time to spend with his daughter, since recently he's been staying late and not giving Arden the summer she deserves.

"Dad," Arden began, watching her father put some jam on an English muffin. He hummed in response. "Do you think it's okay if I go hang out with some friends today?"

Neil lifted his head. "Some friends means George Weasley, doesn't it?"

"And Fred."

The tall man sighed. He really wanted to say no to Arden hanging out with two troublemakers, but he knew he couldn't. It was Arden's chance to leave the house and interact with people. He didn't think normal 17 year olds stayed holed up in their room, sending letters all day whilst eating all the cookies. So he reluctantly agreed, handing the girl some money.

This made Arden happy. She beamed up at the tall man, who stood at 6'5. "Dad, we're going to a muggle place. I won't need all these galleons." She smiled, handing them back.

An 'o' was made out of the man's face before he dug around his pockets. He pulled crisp bills out and handed them to the girl. It was a hefty amount of money; bless the man for no knowing how to properly use muggle money.

"Thanks dad, I'll be home pretty late but most likely before you get here. Don't stay overnight today, we're going out to breakfast tomorrow for your birthday."

The wizard smiled, happy his daughter was around to keep him in check. He'd be a mess if it weren't for her organisation and letters reminding him of things. "Alright dear. Also, I hope you don't mind if I invited the Jordans." He hummed. "I know you and Lee have some...drama but we're really hoping breakfast clears everything. I really like her, Ardy, and I want you to meet her."

An uncomfortable smile formed on Arden's face. "That's fine, dad. Trust me, I can tolerate him. We sort of made up before school ended. But since they're coming, you definitely need to come home and clean up."

Neil grinned and hugged his daughter. "Okay, I've gotta go now. Have a good day, Arden. Be safe and be home by 10. I love you."

Arden pursed her lips, nodding. "One more thing, dad."

The man stopped and turned his body to look at his daughter with a questioning stare.

"My friend, Leviathan Danford. He um, he's missing. Nobody can get a hold of him. He's been missing since a few weeks before school ended and I'm worried. I've been writing to him and he hasn't sent anything in return. I don't know what happened to him. Can you... can you pull some strings at work and try to find him?"