CHAPTER 9

The next day, I found out the true extent of the damage. One battleship survived. Mine. Zero aircraft survived. Even the ship I gave Evan was gone. The Riptide was badly damaged. One entire fan on the side was torn off. One of the main turrets were destroyed. Fuel was leaking out. It was scratched to the point that the name on one side was almost gone. Only a few letters remained. R T DE. It was in the process of being repaired. We asked Britain for planes and ships. Six ships, one hundred fighters. Not half of the planes and certainly not near the old number of ships.

       Michael created his own battleship he calls Deathbringer. It is being made and I am showing him tips on captaining. Two months and my ship can operate again. Two long months.

       The only thing I can do in the meantime is practice flying. It's not bad, actually. Not that I'm flying on a suicide mission. I stepped out of the P-51 Mustang and to the barracks. I looked at the engraving on the bullet. What did it actually mean?

       I walked out onto the tarmac to see a ship almost the size of the Riptide coming in to land. It turned as it landed to show me the side of the ship. The name was Gale Force. I walked up to the latter being lowered and greeted my old friend.

       "Hello Captain James."