Chapter 5:- Do you have Cooties?

Quote of the chapter:

"We say time will heal everything, but time will never been on our side.
For time has only taught us regret, and regret has been a terrible drug."

~r.m. Drake

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

"Sorry to burst your bubble but where do you think your going?" An unfamiliar voice called out. I froze on the spot, feeling my heart begin to race at 100 miles an hour.

What if Alpha Herald had finally caught me?

No that can't be true, I mean he wouldn't randomly come on Colton's territory without permission, plus the guy had power radiating of him but it was more gamma or beta power rather than alpha.

I turned around anxiously. It felt like time was standing still, as I looked at the brunette man standing before me.

The man was good looking but obviously I find my mate more attractive. He had short brown hair which hung loosely on his oval face, his dark green eyes made him look more mysterious.

He was shirtless, which made me feel uncomfortable. My wolf was getting annoyed at the fact that I was checking him out. But I was more annoyed at the fact, that I couldn't help compare every feature of this man with Colton's.

I looked up to meet his eyes but curiosity were disguised in them. Finally deciding the silence was getting uncomfortable, I mustered some courage an spoke.

"And why should I tell you?" I asked sounding confident but really I was scared for my life and my knees were trembling. I kept my stamina, reminding myself that I am an alphas mate and have nothing to be afraid of.

This man wouldn't be able to hurt me.

He gave a light smirk before running his fingers through his hair. "We haven't met yet" he said inching closer as he gave of a laugh. I felt confused at his sudden change of mood.

He went from being strict and serious to laughing at nothing.

He pushed his hand forward for me to shake but I moved back. Why did he want me to shake his hand? Obviously to greet me, but I don't even know the guy.

"I'm Kyle Knight" he said looking at me and then at my luggage. I reluctantly placed my hand in his shaking it lightly.

"Well that told me a lot" I said sarcasm dripping from my mouth. He gave a small smile and ran his tongue over his front two teeth as though he was contemplating whether to tell me something or not.

I took this as my signal to try and escape. "If you excuse me I don't have all day" I was about to walk past him when he yelled my name.

How did he know my name? I know I've never seen him in my life and he's definitely not someone I would forget. He had this cockiness radiating of him. But how else could he know my name?

The best way to find out was to ask him myself.

"How do you know my name?" I asked folding my arms and lifting one eyebrow. I hope I look demeaning and threatening but I probably don't.

He studied me for a second and then looked at my posture. He was clearly trying to read me and see what I was feeling. But hopefully he won't be able to tell because I did feel slightly intimidated by him.

He cleared his throat before he began to talk.

"Luna as I said before I'm Kyle Knight" He knew I was the pack Luna.