Chapter 30- Remember

Quote of the chapter:

I can't tell you exactly how it will end.
but I can say this: when it begins it will feel like the rain and when it ends, it will feel like fire. and the truth is, we're all beautifully mad enough to believe that maybe love was meant to save us from ourselves.

~ r.m. drake

—-
After a car journey that felt hours long me and Colton finally arrived home. He grabbed onto my hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

"We're going to be ok" he barely whispered as I looked up and smiled at him.

I couldn't help but feel anxious.

What if the paper gave no answers?

We would be back to square one!

Or what if the paper said everything?

Am I ready for that?

That wasn't my choice to make. I've stretched this out long enough. I had to face the situation sooner or later.

As me and Colton walked into the house a few pack members were gathered in the kitchen. A single piece of paper was loosely folded and left on the table.

"Alpha" Kyle nodded as he walked towards us.

"No one has read the paper yet" he simply stated as Colton gave a firm nod.

"Would you like some privacy?" He questioned raising a single eyebrow.

Colton looked down at me his eyes softening.

"Clear out the room" He simply stated walking towards the table and lifting the paper.

Without a second thought everyone rushed out closing the main door behind them.

"You ready?" He asked me gently.

I was not. But I would never be ready.

Dealing with my past was like facing my parents death.

It had been so long but I had still never come to terms with what had happened and why it did.

I felt like knowing the truth was me letting go of my parents memory.

I know it sounds senseless.

However, everything that's happened so far in my life has been linked to them being murdered by Alpha Herald.

"Casey?" Colton was studying my face, looking for any sign of discomfort.

"I'm fine" I declared.

Any sign of uncertainty and Colton won't let me look at the paper and I just want this over and done with.

"Let's do it" I grasped the paper from Coltons hands and clutched onto it tightly.

"Maybe I should read it" he quickly snagged it out of my hand leading me to the couch and sitting directly in front of me.

His callus fingers ran around the rim of the paper as he gently unfolded it. My heart was thumping so loudly in my chest that I was sure he could hear it.

My breathing was erratic as I wrapped my fingers tightly around the corner of the couch.

"Are you sure your ready?" He asked one final time.

Come on this suspense is killing me, spit it out already before I have a heart attack.

I nodded in response, urging him to read the letter.

"Seek who must not be seeking
For the one who is to be found must find herself
For she will be the one who will have power and glory
But will not require this abundance of wealth
She will be in oblivion until the change occurs
For love is all she ever wants."

With those words my heart stopped.

Where had I heard this before?

I quickly grabbed the sheet of paper from Colton as he stared at me skeptically.

My mums neatly scrawled writing covered the page as my erratic breathing began to calm.

Just the thought of holding something my mum once held made me feel at peace.

I had buried this paper so I wouldn't have to face my problems but now that it lay in front of me this overwhelming feeling of calm had engulfed me.

"Casey?" Colton asked gently caressing my face.

"I've heard these words before" I responded.

Coltons eyebrows furrowed.

"Can you try and remember where?" He asked as he softly wrapped his hands into mine.

I closed my eyes urging my mind to remember.

Where have I heard these words?

I gently exhaled as I scrunched my eyes even tighter.

Come on.

Come on.

Remember.

Remember.

"I-"

"I'm trying so hard to remember" I exclaimed opening my eyes.

Why can't I recall where I've heard this?

"Don't try hard" Colton affirmed.

"Relax, let your mind recollect the information itself. Stop forcing yourself"

He was right. I had to relax. I was feeling too many emotions right now which was not helping.

With a deep breath I closed my eyes and thought of the worlds on the sheet.

"Lycan Thorpe" my mouth blurted.

My eyes shot open.

"I remember!" I shouted shaking the paper in my hand and standing up from the couch.

"Alpha Xavier told me about Silver back wolfs this was the quote he said was given to Jasmine" my eyes widened as I looked down at the words scrawled on the paper.

Jasmine was a lycan Thorpe.

From what I remember Xavier had said that silver back wolfs shift for the second time when they turn 19.

That happened to me.

I began to hyperventilate as I quickly sat on the floor closing my eyes tightly and clutching my head in my hands.

This couldn't be happening.

This could not be happening.

"I'm a lycan Thorpe" were the only words I could bring myself to utter.

a/n

(Sorry it's short I'll make it up to you guys with the next chapter promise)
Casey has finally pieced the puzzle.
Took her bloody long enough 😂
How do you think Colton will react? What will they do next?

The next chapter is going to be explosive so be prepared because you are going to be shocked.