Chapter 12- The Silent Treatment

Chapter 12:- The Silent Treatment

Quote Of The Chapter:

"You can be in a relationship for two years and feel nothing; you can be in a relationship for two months and feel everything. Time is not a measure of quality; of infatuation, or of love"

~unknown 🕥

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

"He's here" Bianca muttered as I sat up quickly from the bed, my wolf yelping with joy.

It had been three days since I ran away from The Richardson Pack and although my wolf was yearning for her mate, I was actually enjoying my time here.

Me and Bianca had come to be close friends in such a short amount of time, it was kind of scary. The only people that I trusted were Ash and Josh but I could feel Bianca's name creeping on that list very soon.

"What are you talking about?" I said standing up from the bed as Bianca gave me a solemn expression.

Although I missed my mate immensely, I didn't want to leave, I actually managed to persuade Xavier to let me stay two more nights before he called Colton. It was hard but with the help of Bianca and surprisingly Nicholas it actually worked.

Initially when Xavier had ordered Nicholas to take me to a room, he had actually thought I was Xavier's mate. He kept referring to me as Luna and I had to keep correcting him.

Later Xavier explained to him that I was Colton's mate but Nicolas still continued to call me Luna.

When I asked him why he just replied by saying, I was still the mate of an alpha so technically I'm still a Luna.

"Alpha Colton just came with his men right now" Bianca replied pulling me out of my daze as I looked at her with a shocked expression.

"He doesn't look great" Bianca continued as my heart dropped. I had caused him to be in that condition and somehow that unsettled me. 

"Did you see him?" I asked skeptically my heart dropping.

"No I'm not allowed, it's pack business. Reece actually told me when I went to get us chocolate" she explained.

The guilt I was feeling was immense.
What if I left forever? Would he ever be able to live without me?
But the real question is, would I actually be able to live without him?

Although I have enjoyed the past few days with Bia, I've constantly felt a gaping whole in my chest. Each second felt like hours and each hour felt like years. Is that how it feels to be away from your mate for a short amount of time?

How did Jasmine manage to stay away from Benjamin for all those years. I mean I was only away from Colton for three days and I feel like crap, which is worrying.

"You've not said anything for awhile" she said looking at me skeptically, as I tried to hold back tears.

This is all my fault, I put him in this condition.

"I can't face him" I said as a single tear ran down my face. I could feel guilt bearing down on my shoulders as I couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

I could feel this overwhelming sense of sadness and joy taking over me. I don't know where this sudden burst of emotions came from because I was actually enjoying my time here. But I guess after I heard about Colton not being well and going through sleepless nights while I was having fun with Bia, it made me feel extremely guilty and sad that I had managed to hurt him.