Chapter 27- Silver

Chapter 27- silver

the most dangerous
lover is one who greets
pain with a smile

~ r.m. drake

————
My breath was caught in my throat as red hot liquid blood streamed out my nose and mouth. The torture my body was going through could not be described by mere words.

There was no adequate way of describing it.

I was gargling on my own blood as each bone in my body broke slowly and painfully. It started with my fingers, one at a time they cracked as the torment slowly creeped up the rest of my arm. I lay on the bed looking like a mangled, mutilated mess.

I could feel liquid begin to pour out my eye sockets.

I would rather be dead than go through this pain. If pain was even the best use of wording to describe it.

This excruciating torture continued for so long I didn't even know how long it had been. The agony traveled up my body slowly, patiently as I lay there helplessly going through it.

Eventually it stopped with one last snap of my neck.

When I opened my eyes again at least 15 pack doctors stood around me. All with varying expressions on their faces.

Some confused.
Some intrigued.
Some disturbed.
And some just out right worried.

But the face that stood out to me the most was Coltons. His eyes lit up slightly as he looked at me sitting up on the bed.

His eyes were red and puffy as though he had been sobbing for a while. His cheeks were flushed and he looked overall like shit to put it nicely.

"Casey?" He said as I looked up at him trying to muster a smile. I felt exhausted. As though I had been running for 15 years non stop.

"Alpha, I think it may be best if we carry out some tests on the Luna" the doctors said.

I was drained, all I was craving right now was a nap. I lay back down on the bed and shut my eyes as I allowed myself to drift off into a peaceful abyss.

***

My eyes felt stuck together as I forced myself to open them. I still felt groggy but a lot more refreshed.

I kinda felt like a new women.

Looking around the room I noticed no one was here. Where was everyone?

I stood up out of my bed as I began to walk towards the door. I was shaking like a leaf as my feet tried to find some balance.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

It was odd that no one was in the room as I woke up. But I shrugged the feeling off continuing to walk to the room door.

As I walked towards the door I looked at myself in the reflection of the mirror. Something about me looked different. I continued to walk up to the mirror, staring at my reflection as though it was the first time I was looking at myself.

Not only was I extremely underweight, my hair had a single bunch of silver strands of hair at the back of my head.

But that wasn't the thing that stood out to me most. My usual bright brown eyes, were now iced out silver. I rubbed my eyes to ensure I wasn't imagining things.  They still peered back to me. Silver.

What the fuck my eyes are silver?
What the fuck my eyes are silver!
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK WHY ARE MY EYES SILVER?!

I mustered a loud scream as I stumbled back onto the bed. Hitting my leg on the ledge in the process.

"Casey!" I saw Colton run into the room as he cradled me.

"Oh my fucking god your awake" he said nuzzling his head into my hair as I stared at him dumbfounded.

"I can't believe this" he kissed my forehead so many times, I'm sure a bruise would form there by tomorrow.

"Colton what is wrong with me? Why are my eyes like this?" I asked skeptically as I moved away from him slightly. He only held me closer, breathing in my scent and closing his eyes tightly.

"It's been a month Casey" he said as I sat stoic still.

A month?
A fucking month?

He must be fucking with me. It was so obvious he was messing with my head.

"A month?" I questioned my voice raspy as I tried to clear my throat. He simply nodded as he held me closer.

"The pack doctors put you in an induced coma after what happened to you" he stated simply as I gently pushed him away from me.

"What-" I stopped myself as I looked up at him.

He looked so defeated, lethargic and weak. His usual sea blue eyes looked lifeless and dim. His hair looked sloppy and chaotic. His eyes looked sunken and bloodshot. He had let a small beard grow out as I gently placed my hand on his face.

He leaned into my touch softly closing his eyes.

How did he still manage to look so gorgeous?

"I like your stubble, not so much your beard" I muttered as he opened his eyes giving me a lopsided grin.

My heart fluttered as he stared at me intently.

He didn't respond. He just held me closer into his arms pushing me back on the bed as he tried to fall asleep after a month of sleepless nights.

————
a/n

Wtf the last time I posted was exactly 2 years ago on this date the 10/04/20 or as Americans like to put the date 04/10/20 🤮

Ok I'm an absolute joke and I've wrote a shitty chapter. But I genuinely only remembered about this book because someone voted on the first chapter which had me shook.

Anyway if there is anyone still out there that reads this, I promise 2020 is the year I'll finish this book once and for all. I mean I don't have an excuse given I'm stuck in my house because of COVID-19.

I promise the next chapter will actually be interesting! Sorry guys xx