Chapter 9

Shepard
  I sat impatiently at the edge of my bed as Garrus gathered the clothes Miranda had bought me yesterday and dropped off without coming to talk to me.
Garrus promised that they weren't revealing when I skeptically asked how they would fit. Somehow he knew exactly what I meant by that and it made me laugh.
He came back to me and picked up my hand to guide it to his so I could take the clothes.
"Do you want me to step out?" He asked.
I snorted a quick laugh. "Not like there's anything you haven't seen... Unless there's something you don't want to see..."
Garrus chuckled. "Even if I happened to miss something, I wouldn't exactly be against seeing it."
I laughed and shook my head before I started to find the clasps on the hospital gown and slipped it off.
My fingers found a piece of underwear and discovered it was a bra, and I put it on easily.
I found the panties next and changed the pair I already had on. That was easier than I thought it would be...
Next was the shirt, a tee shirt apparently. Not exactly what I would have picked. I slipped it on anyways and nearly put my head through the arm hole, until Garrus gently corrected it.
He grabbed the jeans and set them close to my feet. "Left leg first. Hold onto me for balance, just slip your leg in."
I did as he said and rested my hand on his shoulder of his bent form and lifted my left leg and pushed it into the leg of the jeans as he pulled the leg up so I wouldn't step on it.
"Right leg now."
I shifted my weight and slipped my right leg into the jeans and felt him guide the jeans up to my hips as he stood slowly. He zipped and buttoned my jeans before he wrapped an arm around my waist to pull me close and kiss me.
"Must be weird dressing me instead of undressing me," I joked as our kiss parted.
Garrus chuckled and rested his forehead on mine. "I could get used to it, though..."
I laughed softly. "Of course you could... I wouldn't expect you to say anything less than that, the way you are."
He chuckled. "Well it means I get to take better care of you and even have a little control over what you wear... Like no more of that revealing little black dress out in public where everyone gets as much of an eyeful as I do..."
I laugh. "My, my! Is that Garrus Vakarian showing a hint of jealously?"
He hummed disapprovingly. "More like a little protective."
"Or possessive," I shot back with a mischievous grin.
I could feel his breath on my cheek as he nuzzled my jawline up to my ear. "I don't mind that accusation... Because you are mine."
I nodded lightly as a soft shiver ran down my spine. "Forever."
He kissed me one more time before he stepped away to gather the rest of our stuff in the room.
"It's going to be a nice apartment. Spacious. It's a little close to Zakera Ward for my liking, but we shouldn't have any problems. I think you'll like it when we get settled in."
I nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed. "What are you going to be doing?"
He sighed and I could imagine he rubbed the back of his neck. "Probably going to sign up with C-Sec again for the time being so I can stay on the Citadel."
I frowned. "So you're thinking of rejoining the military when I don't need you so much anymore?"
"Samantha... I... I don't know yet. Let's talk about it later, okay?" His voice was gentle, careful and I almost hated it. I clench my jaw but let him continue. "Let's keep this a happy, stress free day. We're getting our own apartment!"
I sigh. "What happened to the one Anderson... The one he gave me?"
"It... It got pretty hit but it's still under your name. Repairs are being made to it, though it may take a while, since there's a lot of work to do on the Citadel."
I nod and let my head drop so my face is to my lap instead of in his direction. I didn't want him to see the heartbreak on my face.
One of the few things I had left from Anderson and it was in rubble. Just like me. How fitting.
I clenched my fists and my jaw as I squeezed my eyes shut. I wanted it all to go away. I had enough of this damned life and here I was again. Brought back from near death. The only thing that had kept me alive was the promise I had made to Garrus.
"Samantha."
I opened my eyes and lifted my head after I cleared it of all emotion when I realized Garrus had been calling my name and now had his hand on my shoulder.
"Do I need to call a doctor?"
I shook my head and rubbed my face with my hands. "No, it's okay. Just kinda fell asleep I guess."
"That wasn't sleep, Sam. Are you sure you're okay to get out of here?"
I nodded vigorously. "Yes. Hell yes. I can't stand another day in this place."
I could practically see him frown. "It doesn't matter if you can stand it. It matters if you feel healthy enough to leave."
I sighed "Yes, Garrus. I feel fine. Are we ready to go? Or are you going to fuss over me right here all day?"
  He grunted his disapproval but he took my hand and guided me up. "Let's go get you checked out of here then, since you're so anxious to leave."
  I counted the steps we took as we moved, resetting every time we turned or paused as I trusted Garrus to lead me.
  Soon enough, we paused at a counter, I felt.
  "Can I get the forms to release Commander Samantha Shepard?"
  "Sure!" I hear a woman reply and I hear Garrus using a datapad.
  "Would you like her sight appointment here or at your apartment, Officer Vakarian?"
  "At our apartment," Garrus replied and I frowned, but said nothing.
  "Okay, that's set for two weeks from now! The doctor will see you two then!"
  Garrus thanked her before he led me out of the hospital, as I felt the change in air.
  "Let's go home," Garrus murmured.

((A/N: So this update came faster than usual! Just been kinda inspired, I guess! Especially with all the views! 20 on Chapter 8 in the last three days?? Thanks, guys!!! Anyways, I updated the cover photo so I hope you guys like it as much as I do! Please excuse the water marks on them lol! Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks!))