Chapter One - Not Edited

Tyler Johnson

I stared at Scarlett, her eyes moved to me then back to Lui as she desperately tried to explain what mates were. Of course I know what mates are, I'm not stupid. But Scarlett being Scarlett, she wants us to know everything there is about werecats. She doesn't want us to grow up not know about ourselves like she did.

"O-okay well this is actually really hard. I didn't think that this would be so difficult to explain" she muttered as she awkwardly scratched the back of her head.

I crossed my arms and continued to stare her way. We're currently in the packs house kitchen, just staring at Scarlett as she tries to gather her words.

It's been a year since Scarlett found her mate, which means Scarlett is an old woman, 19 years old.

"Tyler, I've been looking into your condition and I think I've found the problem" Scarlett stated as she finally gave up with trying to explain what mates are.

I leaned in from my chair and stared at her, "What is it then?"

Her turquoise eyes looked into my grey eyes, "You can't shift yet because you haven't found your mate yet. It's a really rare condition that happens to a few shifters."

"So you're saying that once I find my mate I can shift" I muttered, looking down at my hands.

"Tyler isn't a kitty cat" Lui asked looking at us with sad eyes.

"No Lui, Tyler is a kitty cat, he's a special kitty" Scarlett muttered walking up to us both and ruffling our hair.

I swatted her hand away kinda annoyed by her actions.

"But I don't get it, why can my eyes and claws shift" I asked looking up at Scarlett.

She shrugged, "I'm not really sure Tyler."

I nodded my head understandingly.

I was about to ask something else but Scarlett seemed fazed. Her eyes were fixated on something outside.

Scarlett did this a lot, one moment she's talking normally and next moment she's looking out the window with a pained expression.

I knew She was thinking about Gram. It's no surprise and although she's been denying it for a year, I know.

I clenched my hands tightly and walked out of the kitchen. Although it's been a year since grams death, I can't get her lifeless face out of my head. I was weak and stupid, I couldn't do anything. But that scared little boy is gone.

I'm going to find that rouge, I'm going to get the revenge me and my family deserve.

I'm going to kill him.

~~~~
Well dark side Tyler. This chapter was incredibly hard to write especially when Tyler is A LOT MORE DIFFERENT THAN JAY.

But I wrote it and there might be a few mistakes.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Till next time my lovelies.

~~Tohrukisa