Chapter Eighteen ~ Unedited

Scarlett's POV

The day seemed so beautiful. Sun shinning at such an early time, the grass wet and the wind blowing lightly through the trees.

I missed Jay, the loneliness managed to claw at me. Im so used to waking up in the morning only to be greeted by Jay's golden eyes and a bright smile. His warm kisses and bone crushing hugs.

It's insane how one person could change you so much.

"Scarlett can you please stop thinking about him for at least a second. We have to get going" Racheal muttered throwing her arm over my shoulders.

Racheal looked a lot like Jay, she was just beautifully shaped.

"I'll try." I muttered giving her a small smile. Unfortunately for Racheal, she hasn't met her mate yet, i know she feels lonely. Ive heard her crying before in her room. She's about to turn 20, yet shes still mateless.

"Nikki, lets goooo" Racheal screamed turning back and walking towards the inside of the house.

I laughed and looked out to the woods, the woods met a river then after the river was grass and a few yards after that was the main pack house.

A faint smell hit my nose, as it slowly became stronger, it made me feel sick.

I walked to where the river was and looked into the woods. I let my eyes adjust a bit and instantly knew what it was.

Blood.

My senses became wild. There were suddenly so many smells around me. Strong and disgusting. Blood and sweat mixed together.

I heard a faint cry, then twigs snapping. I shifted my gaze a little to the left and felt my heart drop.

A child, no older than 5 was running towards me. Her eyes red, cheeks stained with tears. Drops of blood,on her clothing.

I instantly recognized her.

"ZOEY." I wanted to run to her, but my body refused to move.

Behind her i could see shadows moving.

Zoey eventually reached me, her little bare feet wet from the river, her hands shaking as she griped my bare legs.

"Bad people. Bad people are coming." She whispered. I couldn't move, I couldn't comfort her. My eyes were glued to the figures who had finally emerged from the woods.

"Well well well. Seems like our little toy managed to escape" his voice was deep and dark, yet he was no older than me.

"Rouges" i whispered, my heart racing inside my chest.

"Ain't you a smart one" he snarled. He bared his teeth which were fangs at this point. His green eyes locked with mine.

"You, get off this land" Valerie's voices boomed behind me. I turned to her voice, she was running towards us, still in her thin night gown.

The rough snarled,causing more shadows to emerge from the woods, there had to be 20 of them. Maybe more.

He was about to take a step forward when he eyes landed on something behind me. His eyes began to glow with hatred and a smirk appeared on his dirt covered lips.

"Nikki, its been so long" he muttered.

I turned to Nikki only to see her shaking. Her eyes were something i don't think i'll ever be able to forget. So much fear in them.

He took a step forward into the river only to be stopped by Valerie also taking a step forward.

"Take one more step and you'll be starting a war with this pack." She threatened. Her voice i had never hear it like this before. She was so stern, so much power in her words.

But he only chuckled. "A war huh, but there are no warriors, hell there isn't even an alpha here, am i correct."

Valerie stumbled back a bit, he knew. He knew how vulnerable we were.

The rouge took a step forward into the river, accepting the threat.

"Look i only came here for Nikki. Give me her and we'll leave in peace."

This time i took a step forward, "I'm sorry but Nikki is now part of this pack."

His eyes snapped to me, they became darker.

Out of nowhere he pounced on me, my body being crushed by his weight. He grabbed my hair and sniffed it, his eyes gleaming with something I couldn't describe.

"My my, I've never met such a pretty werecat before" he tugged on my hair hard causing me to wince, he leaned down close to my ear and whispered, "I only expected to find Nikki here but now i suppose i found two things to play with. If you dont agree to come with us everyone you know will die."

The rouge ran its tongue against my cheek, causing me to shiver in disgust.

"I will never giver her to you" i whispered.

His eyes fired up, he got off from me and began to walk towards the forest, before he entered he turned to us, "Mark this as a warning kittens.," his eyes napped to Nikki, "You know what happens when people don't obey."

He began laughing and walking into the woods, disappearing as wolves. The others followed behind him, not even sparing us a glance.

The smell of blood disappearing but his warning echoed in my head.

Everyone you know will die.

***

Oh gosh, I felt like crying writing the first part. Its been so long that I've written in her view.

But YES finally the story is moving along smoothly just as i has planned.

Thank you all who have continued to read my story. I'm sorry this is such a long chapter, i just didn't want it to be two chapters about Scarlett. Although I would love that to happen, but sadly this story isn't about Scarlett.

Until next time my lovelies.