Chapter Twentysix ~ Unedited

Tyler's POV

Everything had changed, and i knew it. The life we tired to leave behind suddenly came back to us, drowning us with its presence. I knew that we could never change our past. Mom and dads deaths were unchangeable as was Grams. But these past two years, i actually allowed myself to believe that these men would leave us alone.

There was no possible way these two murders or "deaths" are not connected. I refuse to believe that.

Everything seems so coincidentally. Its too perfect.

Mom and Dad went missing for a few weeks before the cops found their bodies in the woods, their throats ripped out.

Scarlett never actually told me this. It wasn't until i turned 15 that she decided and that was only because I keep begging her.

Lizzy left a year or two after their deaths.

Scarlett was utterly destroyed after that. She would keep this smile on her face, forced and sad but every night, straight for a month, she would cry. First silently, but then it got the point where she was wailing into her pillow.

I never confronted her about this. In reality i never had the  guts.

But looking at her now, bags under her red and puffy eyes. History was repeating itself and i hated it.

"Tyler, are you alright?"

I turned to the voice, Nikki was at my door. Smiling a bit.

"Yeah" i muttered sitting up from my bed.

"I'm sorry about everything. Jay told me about your past" Nikki walked in sitting on the bed next to me.

I smiled lightly at her, "You dont have to apologize Nikki."

She looked up at me before looking away. "I never thought i would be able to find people like you guys" she paused before continuing, "I'm sorry i had to bring them here."

I grabbed her shoulder, tugging her to me, "Its not your fault."

"I'm scared Tyler."

"I'll protect you. I promise." I muttered kissing her hair.

She nodded her head.

We sat there, in the same position for what seemed like an eternity.

But all good things must come to an end.

***

I'm so sorry i haven't posted in forever. School started and everything has been so stressful. This is the year that counts and my dumbass self decided to enroll into 3 AP classes and one college course. Everything has been so hectic but i promise I'll start posting every weekend.

Have any of you stared school yet? If so, how's it been so far?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

Till next time my lovelies.