Chapter Twentyseven ~ Unedited

Nikki's POV

Scarlett sat on the couch, her gaze transfixed outside to the woods. We had been told multiple times not to go outside or to enter the forest.

Tyler and Jay were currently in a pack meeting. They were debating whether or not we should attack first or wait till they do something.

"Scarlett do you not want to eat" i asked sitting next to her.

Scarlett didn't even glance at me, she just shook her head and continued to gaze out the window.

I nodded my head and scooted closer to her.

"When Lui was younger, he would do this thing where he'd close his eyes and count to ten when he was scared. I remember asking him why he would do that and he just smiled at me and said it was a way for him to gather his courage. Closing his eyes meant he didn't see the thing that scared him, counting allowed him to calm down and once he opened his eyes, he was ready to face the world" she looked at me and smiled gently.

"Have you tried it" i asked grabbing her hand.

"I'm too much of a coward to face my fears" she muttered looking back out of the window.

"Scarlett you cant keep this up. Tyler needs you" i squeezed her hand, hoping for her to snap out of it.

"Nikki.." she paused and leaned forward closer to the window, "Do you see that?"

"What?" I looked out the window, i didn't see anything at first since the blazing sun slightly blinded me but then i saw it.

A small child, running into the woods, laughing and smiling. Blindly walking to her death.

Scarlett jumped from the couch and bolted out the door, i sat there frozen for a second before chasing after her.

"SCARLETT NO WAIT" i was too late, she had already shifted, jumping the river that separated the land with the woods. No hesitation or fear.

I stood at the edge before shifting and chasing after her.

Her scent was so strong, it left a trail, leading me straight to her.

We were a mile deep in the woods as I approached Scarlett's form. She was huge.

The child was underneath Scarlett's hunched position. I didn't recognize the girl.

Then it hit me. She's not part of our pack.

I rushed over to Scarlett, my intention was to push her away with my frail werecat body but i was too slow.

Scarlett was tackled to the ground.

Growling and snarling filled my ears. My instincts told me to run and hide but I couldn't. I stood there stupidly. Staring at Scarlett who was trying to fight off the older wolf from her.

She failed.

The wolf placed his paw on her throat and pushed her back onto the ground.

A loud thud filled my ears.

Scarlett had shifted back to a human, her small hands were trying to pry the wolfs huge paw off but she couldn't.

I felt someone push me down.

I didn't fight him.

The wolf above me snarled at me and i looked away, submitting to him.

Coward.

"Well well, if it isn't the Luna Scarlett" Ace looked down and up at her nude body, licking his lips lightly.

Another male came forward, covering her body with a coat. He glanced at me with pity in his eyes.

"Well I honestly only wanted the luna but i guess you'll be of some use too" he muttered looking at me.

"Please, let her go" Scarlett pleaded. Her voice, she was so vulnerable and weak.

This is your fault.

"No can do Luna" Ace walked up to her and grabbed her face, pulling her onto her feet. Scarlett wrapped the coat around her body.

She had a stern look in her eyes but her body was shaking uncontrollably with fear.

"Dear dear luna you don't need to put up an act. I promise by the end of today, you'll be begging me to kill you" he laughed manically before throwing her to the ground.

The wolf above me snarled , his drool dripping onto my face but i didn't care.

Tyler.

***
Another chapter.

This week has been so stressful. I hope its going well for all of you.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, until next time my lovelies.