Chapter Thirtyfive ~ Unedited

Nikki's POV

My whole body was sore and stiff. I had bruises on random parts of my body, some I couldn't even explain.

But i was glad i was finally home with Tyler and my mom.

Mom is still alive.

My heart clenched in my chest. For so long i hoped and wished that she was alive and here she is. Safe and sound.

I looked at my soup before looking back at Tyler. He was sitting in the chair next to my bed in the infirmary. His head was laying on my legs while his body was arched awkwardly on his sofa.

"He hasn't been able to sleep for a few days."

I looked up to the voice only to be slightly startled. There was a woman standing at my doorway, her features sharp and beautiful. She looked so much like Tyler and Lui.

"You're..."

"Lizzy. Lizzy Johnson. I'm his older sister" She explained crossing her arms over her chest. A small smile formed onto her lips but her eyes were so tired and red.

"I'm sorry" I whispered looking down at Tyler.

"Don't be. Scarlett wanted you to run. If you would've stayed you both would have died. Tyler would've lost two people he loved instead of one" Lizzy mumbled.

I stayed quiet, not really knowing what to say.

"I'm glad Tyler has someone like you. A normal mate. When i found out that Scarlett's mate was a wolf I immediately told her it reject him but she refused" Lizzy laughed dryly, "I still had the audacity to tell her what to do. As if i had any say in her life at that point."

"Scarlett really does love you."

"Is she okay" Lizzy whispered locking eyes with me after a moment of silence. They held so much fear and regret.

"Scarlett is strong. She can handle anything" i reassured.

She smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah, you're right."

We stood in silence for a bit before she slowly got off the wall, "It was nice meeting you Nikki. But i better let you rest. And please do me a favor, don't let Tyler go with the pack tonight please. He cant fight, he'll only get hurt out there."

I nodded my head and watched her walk out.

I looked back down at Tyler and ruffled his hair, he groaned a bit in his sleep but didn't wake up. I missed him so much.

My heart ached as i just looked sat him. His face so innocent and childlike. His mouth was slightly parted so soft snores escaped his mouth.

"Thank you Tyler. For being my good luck charm" i leaned down and kissed his forehead.

Tyler shifted his arms but didn't wake up.

He must've been really tired.

If Tyler hasn't slept then Jay must still be up. Waiting for his mate to come back to him. The pain he must be feeling was probably the same pain that Tyler was feeling.

Scarlett is Fine.

She's not dead.

She can't be.

***
Another chapter is out!!

Thank you to everyone who is reading this story. I really am glad and so many of you are so kind to me and supportive.

I love you all!!!

Until next time my lovelies.