Chapter Twenty ~ Unedited

Tyler's POV

"So, what are you" Joe asked smiling at me. We had already arrived at the 'safe' part of the woods. It was breath taking. The smell and sounds were all new here. No pollution, no humans. Just a pack of animals, setting camp, waiting for the stars to appear and the moon to shine.

"What do you mean" i asked staring at the fire. I, oddly enough, was in charge of the fire. I had it watch it and make sure it didn't get out of hand and take care so it wouldn't die. Which was a pretty easy task compared to what the guys got.

Jay had to help set up the perimeter from where we were allowed to camp, Samuel had to make sure there was enough food for all the men, Jeffery had to ensure that people got here safely, and Joe, well Joe was just being Joe.

"Well, what's your species? Like i know you're a cat but what kind" Joe tilted his head pondering. I glanced at him, the fire was illuminating his features. He was a pretty scrawny guy with average looks.

"Eurasian Lynx" I mumbled looking back at the fire, poking it with a stick trying to move the wood around. Everyone around us was pacing trying to have everything perfectly set up before we went on a run.

Apparently to Tom, not a lot of people knew of this place, just the werewolves and a couple of other people but it wasn't their go to place to camp.

"Hmm, thats actually really interesting. Scarlett never told us. Well no the conversation just never came up" he smiled and looked at the fire.

Samuel came soon after to join us and then Jeffery,and Jay. Its insane how many of these names had J's (guess the author didn't really think this through).

They began talking about the pack, then food, then Scarlett, which was very weird in my opinion. They all spoke so naturally as if they had know each other since birth which might have been the case here. I had no interest in relationships like this. Throughout the 18 years of me being alive, I've learned that people tend to leave you in the worst of times. Its better to just not have anyone other than your family. Although sometimes even your family can back stab you.

All of a sudden everyone got quiet. I looked up to see Tom staring at us, a weird look in his eyes as he held his phone tightly in his hands.

"What's wrong Alpha" Samuel asked standing up.

"The pack, its been attacked" his bottom lip was quivering. Everyone around us just stood silently, not really sure of what he meant.

But then his words sunk in, and fear grasped us all. I immediately felt sick, reddish dots began to appear at the corner of my vision as well as rage engulfing me.

Jay was the first to speak out, "What? By who? Was anyone hurt?"

"A rouge pack. Everyone seems fine just..." he trailed off. Avoiding eye contact with me and Jay.

"But what" i asked, my hands trembling. Scarlett, Lui please please be okay.

Nikki.

"Scarlett was threatened" once he words left his mouth Jay growled loudly. Even out of the redness that surrounded me i could see his golden eyes glowing.

"We have to go back" Jay barked.

Everyone began stumbling around trying to pack up as quickly as they could.

"Jay, calm down they're fine" Jeffery put his arm around his shoulders but we could all see Jay trembling with anger.

"I'm going to murder them" he growled walking towards the car. We would be the first to leave, as well as some 30 other warriors. The ones staying behind had to finish packing up and head to the pack house as soon as possible.

I felt an arm around me directing me to the car.

"Don't worry. All three of them are fine." Joe muttered.

I nodded my head but a sick feeling still lingered in my stomach.

Please, please be okay.

***