Ashton

"I love you guys so much." I whispered as I got up the next morning. I wasn't sure if they all were awake or not.

I walked to my own room and grabbed my bags. I didn't have another choice but to call Josh for now. I explained my situation and he showed up 10 minutes later.

But 10 minutes later, the boys had woken up.

Josh put my last bag in the car and the boys just watched with hurt and betrayed expressions. I couldn't look them in the eye.

I turned around and walked up to Luke. I engulfed him in a hug and he gripped the back of my shirt and dug his face in my neck.

"You'll always be my best friend. Your amazing and you deserve the world, you all do." I said. His body wracked with sobs. I had to chant in my head 'this is for them. You don't want them broken'.

I let him go, well I had to pry him off me and walked over to Calum. He was trying to hold the tears in but when he looked at Josh's car, he burst into tears.

"Am I not good enough?" He asked and I pulled him towards me.

"No. Your more than enough. You guys are gonna be okay, you'll have each other."

"Who will you have?" He asked and I frowned.

"It's gonna be okay, this is for the best." I told him, avoiding the question.

I won't have anyone. Only my memories.

I dug my face into his shoulder and took in a deep breath before letting him go.

I turned to Michael and he pulled me in to a hug. No words were exchanged. None were needed. They knew they couldn't stop me. I pushed my face in his chest and had to try so hard to hold the tears in.

I had to do this.

I tried to turn around and walk into the car but Michael gripped my arm, tears in his eyes. I pushed the lump in my throat away and leaned up, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"You can let go now daddy." I whispered. He frowned but his grip didn't loosen.

"I'll be okay now." I said and tears streamed down his face.

"No." He choked out. My heart broke and I hugged him tightly. I had never seen him cry before.

"You guys fixed me. I'm gonna be okay. I have to go now." I whispered and he reached out for me but I moved back a step. Josh gave the boys sympathetic looks the whole time.

I took a deep breath and looked at my hand. There lies the last connection. The last thing to really get it through their heads.

I pulled the ring off and put my hand out for one of them to take it. They all looked at me with broken and sad eyes. I could feel my eyes trying to let the tears spill but I wouldn't let them.

"No." Luke said and he sounded so scared and broken. Had I already broken them? No.

"That's yours. We got that for you." Calum said, I just nodded and put it in my pocket, because if I put it back on my finger, it meant I still belonged to them. That they still belonged to me.

But I wasn't theirs anymore. And they weren't mine.

"I love you." Michael said and then the others were whispering I love you's to me, trying to keep me here.

But I can't, if I stay, I'll kill us all.

I'm broken and I don't want to break them as well.

They all start to cry more when I don't say anything back.

This time I wasn't coming back.

So I clench my fists and bite my tongue as I walk to the car and when I close the door and we're driving away, I whisper a quiet "I love you too".

Where did everything go wrong?

Surprise!

Please don't hack me...you know who you are.

Just in case you didn't read it before...

I'm writing all 3 stories...PLUS...

Drum roll...

The sequel to this book.

Epilogue next Chapter.

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia