|| Chapter 12 ||

"Lord Snow," Elizabeth called the man that had his back turned towards her as he brushed his horse.

He turned around to be greeted by two women, so he responded, "My Ladies."

"I'm no lady, m'lord," Briella shakes her head, "I'm only a handmaiden."

"Anyways," Elizabeth smirked at the both of them, "Briella, this is Jon Snow."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, m'lord," she curtsied nervously.

"As I with you, my lady," he places a peck on her bare knuckles, making her flush with shyness.

"Briella, take the day off," Elizabeth smiled, waving her hand in dismissal. Briella curtsied once more before walking off.

"What were your intentions there, Beth?," Jon inquired as she looped her hand through the crook of his elbow, beginning to walk towards the lunch venue.

"I heard about your wildling girl, I felt as though you had been alone long enough," she explained, "Briella is a handmaiden, but she's so much more than that. I see potential in her, Jon, I really do."

"What, so, you just want me to up and come start seeing Briella?," he furrowed his brows.

"I don't want you to do anything," she replied quickly, "I'm just suggesting that she would be a fine fit for you, and that you should just try it."

"I don't know," he murmured, "I had eyes for someone else."

"And who would that be?," she asked, curiosity filling her voice.

Jon's lips parted as he stared at her green eyes. She had knitted her brows together in confusion, not understanding his actions.

"Don't you worry," he faked a smile then began walking again.

"Alright," she gives in, "but I will find out."

"Try your best, my Lady," he chuckled.

"Well, I bet she's not better than Briella," Elizabeth jokes.

"She's ten times better than any woman in Winterfell," he replies, a lopsided grin on his face.

"Is she really?," Elizabeth gasped in shock, a feeling of underlying confusion took place in her head. Then realization hit her, "Is it me?"

Jon's jaw tensed as they walked, but she had other plans. She stopped the both of them in their tracks, taking a moment to register the information given to her. Her mind could only comprehend so much, as far as her husband's brother having eyes on her goes.

"Jon, I'm married to your brother," she states, caressing his arm.

"I know," he nodded, then looked afar, "I guess giving Briella a try wouldn't be so bad."

"No, it wouldn't," she gave him a small smile, continuing to walk.

Her mind dashed back to Robb, and wonder filled her brain. She pondered why he didn't come to explain what had happened or why he didn't even make the effort to come and see her. Her head ached and her grip on the edge of the table had tightened as her imagination roamed free.

She couldn't concentrate on anything other than Robb, it had consumer her mind fully, and that was a down point in her day. She had recalled writing a letter, but too drunk to actually finish it off and send it to her receiver. Her palm was still doused a dull grey, triggering a memory of hers of sleeping on the writing desk.

She had wondered about where Robb had slept for the night, or if he actually slept at all. All she could think about was if he had been sleeping next to Talisa, more importantly, if he preferred it that way.