|| Chapter 23 ||

"What do you mean by, 'we only have two rooms left'?," Elizabeth widened her eyes at the man at the Inn at Deep Den.

After settling the soldiers into their rooms and tents in Deep Den the next day, Elizabeth, Jaime, and Robb were outside a fancy Inn, trying to get separate rooms for their second night out on the road. After a long ride, that's all Elizabeth wanted: to be alone. And sleep, she needed that too.

"I mean, one of you three will have to have a bunkmate," the man looked at her with an uninterested glare.

Her mouth popped open and she was looking like she was going to kill someone. Jaime noticed her agitated look, so he spoke up for her, "What my sister is trying to say is, that it's not going to work out if she sleeps next to one of us."

"Then you and the little wolf here can share a bed," he smacked her lips, smirking at their misfortune.

"That is not going to work," Robb argued, then looked at the little list he had in front of him, "There must be another room."

"Look," the man crossed his eyebrows in anger, "take the two rooms or don't, I have many more people that need rooms for the night."

Jaime turned to Elizabeth and Robb, "Look, the Stark boy can't sleep next to me and I don't think it'd be any better for our reputations if Elizabeth was the one that I shared a room with seeing my current popularity on the fact of 'sisters' in general."

"So, what are you saying?," she narrowed her eyes at him.

"You and your little wolf are going to have to share a den," he tried to sound playful, but ultimately failed. "And try not to make any more pups."

"Jaime, I'm going to rip your balls off and feed them to Alex," she warned.

"Elizabeth, it's the only option."

"You can't be serious—," she attempted to argue with him, but it was Jaime, and no one could win an argument with him.

"It's one night, Eliza," he huffs out, "Suck it up and calm down. We'll be off for Lannisport in the morning, and then Casterly Rock by the evening."

"Why not just go straight to Casterly Rock?," Robb interrogated.

"We have some unresolved...family business," Elizabeth responded.

"So," Jaime changed the topic, "what's it going to be?"

Elizabeth contemplated, her mind darting back to Robb. She didn't want tonight to lead to anything, but she knew that it inevitably would, so why try to avoid it. After all, maybe that's what she needed, one night to talk to Robb about their son's future.

"Fine," she gave in, then turning to the owner of the Inn, "We'll take them."

"Ata girl!," Jaime smiled, pleased with her decision.