|| Chapter 15 ||

*Queue tissues*

You know what? Just have a box of Kleenex next to you for the rest of the book.

____________

The doors of the throne room creaked open as Elizabeth walked in, making sure to tuck the squire's blade so far into her clothes that it wasn't visible. Talisa sat there, guards around her, smirking at Elizabeth.

"The King called for me, your Grace?," Elizabeth raised an eyebrow.

"Oh," Talisa looked at her nails, "no, I called for you. The stupid little squire must have gotten it wrong."

"He must have," she nods, tensing her jaw.

"I have noticed your interest in my husband, little girl," she muttered. Even though both Robb and Talisa were twenty-one years of age and Elizabeth was close to her nineteenth name day, so she had no right calling her a little girl.

"Your Grace, it was an arranged marriage—."

"I know," she said, simply, "See, little girl, I have seen more than you in my lifetime. Far more. I didn't escape the city of Volantis for no reason, you know."

"I'm afraid I don't understand the meaning of this," Elizabeth shakes her head.

"I had a man in Volantis, a good man, almost like Robb, his name was Modderick," she started, "He was an excellent man, one that would be worthy to sit on the iron throne, but his life was cut short. There was this other girl, Viene, a foreign beauty, who came between Modd and I, and can you guess what happened to her?"

"No," Elizabeth said quickly, already bored of her story because she already knew the outcome.

"I killed her," she smiled, then looking down at Elizabeth, "Where's the squire?"

"He went to the King, your Grace," Elizabeth lied.

"Right," she nodded, then looked at her guards, "Now, I hope you don't mind my next actions."

"Depends on what they are," Elizabeth smirked at her, eyeing the four guards around her.

"Guards," she spoke softly, "Kill. Her."

The guards charged at her at the same time. Her sword whipped out as she swung it across the room. Her blade pierced the first guard in the eye, making his sword pop out of his hand. Elizabeth's left arm stretched as she grabbed a hold of it, wielding two swords in her hands now. The second and third guards charged at her as well, but they met the same fate of the first one.

The fourth one, however, was running to Talisa, attempting to escort her to safety. Elizabeth threw both her swords towards them. One impaled the guard through the stomach, making blood spew out of his mouth, and the second one cut through the air and drove through the castle wall beside Talisa's head, making her freeze.

"Did you think you could win a battle against me, little girl," Elizabeth spat, grabbing Talisa's throat.

"Elizabeth, Talisa!," Robb shouted from the other side of the throne room, walking in. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, Robb," Talisa cried as Elizabeth let go of her. "She killed your squire, then she tried to kill me! She killed all five of our most trusted guards, and when one was trying to help me escape, she killed him too! She would've killed me if you hadn't come in!"

"Hah!," Elizabeth laughed, "That's a good one, make sure to tell your children about this story as well."

"She told me about how a man betrayed her when she was living in Lannisport, and then she killed the woman who he was being an infidel with," Talisa cried into Robb's chest.