|| Chapter 24 ||

Guys, I can't wait for you guys to read Chapter 27, get ready for a plot twist.

Elizabeth walked out of the little Inn with Jaime, angrily. She couldn't understand why he needed to plan the attack on their uncle so urgently seeing as they knew where he was and Cersei had already called the first shot. But alas, as she said, there was no arguing with Jaime.

"What is so important that we need to discuss this now?," she huffed out, crossing her arms at her chest.

"You need to leave the Stark boy at Lannisport," he stated so cooly, as if that could be done that easily.

"You say that like it's so simple," she rolled her eyes, "And why do we need to do that?"

"Because it's going to get messy after that point and we can't risk anyone knowing about uncle," he muttered, looking around to see if anyone was listening. "If he tells anyone, we're going to be executed for treason."

"Oh, geez, Jaime, I didn't know it was that severe," she rubbed her forehead, "This is going to be quite tough then."

"It's more difficult than we anticipated," he explains, "I mean, we are murdering a highly decorated army official, if you think about it."

"Okay, okay, no need to rub it in," she groans, pinching the bridge of her nose, "but I can't just leave him at Lannisport, Jaime, I love him."

"He's going to have to leave at some point," Jaime sinks down with her, taking a seat on the cold dirt on the ground, "You and I both know that he wont leave Winterfell and you are to be the—."

"Lady of Casterly Rock, I know," she mumbles, "But what if this isn't the right decision, I'm to have a child in a few months, his child, how are we going to do this?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it," he wraps his arm around her, pulling her into his chest.

"Jaime, what if I can't do this? I mean, I can't do this," she says, sadness dripping from her voice, "I need to be with him, Jaime, he's my..."

"He's your, what?," Jaime says in slight frustration, impatient with her mood swings, "He's not your husband, nor your lover, he's nothing. He's just a boy you tell yourself you're in love with."

That's when it hit her: What if Jaime's right? What if she's only telling herself she's in love with him? What if this is all a charade to keep her going so she doesn't break? But, when Robb waltzed back into her life, a strong feeling of love came with him, and it was more than anything she ever felt with Kane.

"He's coming with us to Casterly Rock," she mutters, then gets up and pats dust off her clothes, "These are my men, and that includes you for this journey, and my command is: the men of the north, including their King, will be coming with us to Casterly Rock for the commencement of the first Stark and Lannister peace and allegiance treaties."

Jaime throws his hands up in surrender, "Whatever you say, my Lady."

Elizabeth nods and starts walking to the stables to ready her horse for their ride.