|| Chapter 18 ||

Not only did Robb make a mistake, but he also thought he would lose Elizabeth forever. Now that she's the heir to Casterly Rock, she would be sailing off there in the next few days after finalizing everything with her father and gathering a stable fleet of soldiers and guards to lead her to her entitled area.

Sure, he had a few days, but that wasn't enough to do the things he needed to do to make everything right. But that was a flaw as well, he couldn't make everything right, he could only mend the pieces he could salvage from their relationship. Maybe even then, it may not be enough.

As she laid awake that morning, laying across Kane's chest, she thought. She thought about all the good things and the bad. She wanted to fall asleep, only to wake up and find Robb's sleeping face. She wished she had memorized every aspect of him: analyzed that one curly strand of his hair that would uncannily be draped over his face in the morning, his low-to-medium snores that would surely wake Alex up, the warmth of his chest against the side of her face, and that one little spec of green in his right eye.

She wished she could evaluate all those things, for one day, she would forget what he looked like, and then she'd have those memories as a back-up. But she didn't pay attention to them, because she thought she'd always be with him, never leave his side, never anticipated ever forgetting him. But now, as weeks upon weeks pass, his face in her thoughts was fading away.

It'd cause her pain when she'd think of him. She'd see his face in the crowds of people, among old men and boys; she'd notice their resemblance. But it hurt her to see those faces, his face. But, if remembering him meant she'd live in pain, she wanted to suffer all her life if it meant she could still see glimpses of him.

Kane had thought about him too, obviously not in the way Elizabeth had, but he had thought about what type of man the King in the North actually was. No, he wasn't the King, not in Kane's mind. Without Elizabeth to keep a man like Robb grounded, he would send the North straight to the seven hells. So, no, he wouldn't be the King in the North, he'd be the King that lost the North.

"You have to attend King Joffery's wedding this morning, m'lady," Kane smiled at her, hoisting himself up on his elbows.

"Hm?," she zoned in to what he was saying.

"King Joffery? His wedding?," Kane smirked.

"Right!," she shot up, completely forgetting everything about her agenda this morning. She jumped off the bed, dashing to the door to summon a hand maiden, when she tripped on the leg of her desk and landed face first onto the floor.

"M'lady!," the handmaiden gasped as she walked in, but Kane was on the bed laughing his face off.

"Yes, that's me," she groaned, getting up from the floor and stabilizing herself.

"Let's get you prepared," the handmaiden guided her out.

But before she walked out the door, Elizabeth flashed her middle finger at Kane, making him laugh even louder.