|| Chapter 19 ||

Whattttttt another update????

The funeral had passed, and now Elizabeth and her elder twin siblings were stood near Joffery's body. Cersei was quietly sobbing in Jaime's arms, with him trying to hush her down. All Elizabeth could do was stare at Joffery's porcelain complexion, with the ceramic pot circles placed over his eyes.

She'd only gone to one funeral in her entire life, but she had never been so close to the body. Now, she was so close that she could see the blue orbs and the pupil painted on the little discs of baked clay that stood still on top of her nephew's vision receptors, and it had scared her to see the details of the well done art.

She gripped Joffery's hand that was placed crisscrossed around his chest, a small tear dropping down her face. She knew exactly why Joffery was the way that he was, and she was one of the only people that knew of it.

"Some of the things he did, shocked me," Cersei murmured ever so quietly, turning to Jaime, "Tell me, am I easily shocked?"

"No," Jaime looked down at her, nervously biting his lip.

"I wish I knew why," Cersei sighed.

Elizabeth stared at Joffery's face, not breaking eye contact as she spoke, "Joffrey grew up as a spoiled and indulgent child with a cruel streak within him. His father, King Robert, was deeply disappointed with him as a child."

Cersei's mouth opens slightly in shock, peering down attentively at her sister's response as she continues, "King Robert felt little affection for Joffrey, making him crave Robert's respect and approval, and many of his acts were done in an effort to live up to his father's standards."

Elizabeth looked down at the ground, tears welling her eyes, "I wish I helped him. I wish I helped him when he asked me to."

"What are you talking about?," Jaime looked surprised.

"He came to me one afternoon and we had our daily talks," she explained, not looking away from her nephew, "He wanted me to help him change, but I was a self-minded bitch and told him that he could only change by himself. Maybe if I'd helped, he wouldn't be lying on this table."

"This is not your fault," Cersei said, leaving Jaime and hugging Elizabeth's shoulders.

"Once after learning a kitchen cat was pregnant, Joffrey killed the animal and cut open its belly to see the kittens inside," Elizabeth spoke, "He showed one of the unborn kittens to Robert. Robert was so shocked and angry, he hit the boy so hard it knocked out two of his baby teeth."

"Were you there?," Jaime asks.

She nods a response but starts sobbing immediately after, muttering, "I'm so sorry, Cersei, I should've told you."

"Hush," Cersei calms her down, "It's alright. It's going to be alright."

"This is my fault," Elizabeth repeats, "All my fault. I should've helped him. I should've—."

"No," Cersei shakes her head, "you were not responsible for Joffery's death, that's all Tyrrion's doing. There was no one better in the family to talk to Joffery than you, and I'm glad he had you for as long as he lived, you were his role model after the death of King Robert."

"I don't know if I can do this anymore, Cersei," Elizabeth finally turns to her sister, her eyes leaving Joffery's corpse. "I need to figure out what I am, who I am. I need to leave Kings-Landing."

"We'll leave in a week to Casterly Rock, after the due time of mourning," Jaime responds, "I'll escort you there."

She looked down at her feet when suddenly, there was a thought that popped into her mind about Robb. Oh, how she missed him, how she longed to be in his grasp. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to shake the thought away, but it wasn't budging.