Chapter 8

Harry left his house rather early. Before anyone was even up. He wasn't in the mood to talk to any of his family because then they'd ask him questions that he really didn't want to answer.

Instead he started his car and was off to school. Normally, he'd hang out with his friends before school in the lounge but they obviously weren't going to be there that early. School didn't start for another hour and he groaned internally as he sat in his car, parked in front of the building.

He was about to open his car door when he saw a familiar figure walking towards the entrance. It was Zulema. Why would she be here this early? Did she have a family she was trying to avoid too?

Harry beeped a few times until he saw her turn around slowly. She seemed confused as she raised a brow. He motioned her with his hand to come towards him. When she did he saw her smiling though she looked really tired and exhausted. Her eyes were very red and she looked like she didn't get much sleep.

He rolled his window down, "hey," she told him quietly.

"Hop in," was all he told her.

She breathed heavily before shaking her head, "I don't have sex at 7 o'clock in the morning," she mumbled, looking at him humorously.

Harry rolled his eyes, "why would I want to fuck you this early? Just jump in," he told her bluntly and Zulemas eyes widened as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

She looked around to see if no one was looking before finally opening the passenger side door and getting in.

"You shouldn't curse so much," she told him adjusting her seatbelt.

"You're one to talk," he scoffed remembering her repeatedly say fuck fuck fuck over and over again as they shagged. He liked hearing her cuss, nonetheless.

"I save my bad words for the bed, papi," she told him rolling her eyes before leaning against the window. Harry didn't know how to feel about what she just called him, fully understanding what it meant. He was sure she was joking.

"Where are we at?" She asked, her voice becoming timid again. Harry smiled. She became so shy at times.

"Breakfast. I'm hungry," was all he told her as he was pulled into a small plaza that was a few blocks away from the school.

"Oh," she muttered, picking at her fingernails.

They both got out of the car and shut the doors, hearing them echo as they went towards the entrance. The place was pretty small yet modern and cute. It was some sort of café and coffee shop.

They sat down at a small table and Harry noticed Zulema looked awkward as she looked all around her, "what, you've never been here before?"

She shook her head, "no. It's nice," she commented.

"Have you all decided on what you want yet?" A kind waitress asked from beside them as she had a small notepad in her hands.

Harry nodded, putting the menu down, "yes. I'll have the silver dollar pancakes with a side of eggs and an orange juice please," he told her.

Zulema looked at the menu for a while before finally looking up, "I'll have the pancakes as well; along with eggs bacon and hashbrowns, with a glass of milk," she smiled, closing the menu and setting it back down. The waitress nodded before telling them she'd be back with their food.

"A girl who isn't afraid to eat in front of a guy. That's a first," Harry breathed the last part causing her to chuckle. Every girl he'd taken out to eat or had eaten in front of always felt the need to eat "healthy" or very little amounts of food out of worry of being perceived as fat, when that was the last thing Harry thought of when eating.