Chapter 11

Zulema gasped as she woke up suddenly. She looked around to see where she was at, in panic and fright. Instantly, she calmed down to see that she was lying down next to someone. Harry faced the other way, hidden under the warm blankets as the home was quite cold due to the AC being on all night.

She listened to him lightly snore, wondering how she let herself fall sleep in his bed. She really must've been stoned the other night.

She got up from the bed, grabbing her pants that were on the floor and tugging them back on because she didn't want to wake Harry up by looking for her panties. Not that she wouldn't want him to keep them anyway...

After throwing her shirt on, she grabbed her bag from the floor and her glasses from the night stand and shoved them in her purse. She then looked at Harry, wondering what it would be like if she would have stayed in his bed until he woke up, before shaking her head to rid of those thoughts.

Zulema reached for the door knob, twisting it and opening the wooden door to walk into the hallway of the second floor of his home. She was about to walk down the stairs until she heard a voice behind her.

"Who is that?" It was a man's voice. Particularly young.

Zulema scrunched her face in embarrassment, before turning around to see a young man, older than Harry and similar looking with the same green, blue-ish eyes and brown hair.

"I-I was just leaving," she stuttered sheepishly, cheeks turning pink as she crossed one arm over the other.

Axel smirked, walking toward, who he presumed was a shy innocent girl, "aw, did Harry kick you out, love?" He almost chuckled.

Zulema shook her head, "no, I'm just leaving," her voice came out small. It made her nervous to talk to cute boys, Harry was different because he had vulnerability in him that no one else was able to see but her.

Axel looked her up and down, before settling on her eyes, "makes sense. Who would kick a girl like you out of their place?" He tilted his head.

Zulema gulped, before giving an uneasy chuckle, "um, I- should go," she began to turn back around.

"Hopefully I see you again?" She could hear the smile on his face.

Zulema looked halfway over her shoulder, before looking forward, "maybe," she muttered.

-

When Zulema got home, her uncle was passed out on the couch. Beer bottles and two unfinished lines of coke on the small glass table along with taller bottles of vodka. She thought for a minute or two, before crouching on the table and taking a half full bottle of Vodka from the bunch of alcohols and carrying it to her room.

She always did that, ever since she was 13 she'd always take some sort of drink from her uncle and he'd never notice.

After tossing it on her small bed, Zulema changed into comfy clothes and decided to clean the house, not that it was really a decision. She started off by washing the dirty dishes in the sink and throwing away all the trash and empty bottle that were lying around in the house.

She went on to scrub the counters and mop the house, making it look like a house again. She smiled because she liked seeing the house this way. It was actually a decent home to live in when it was clean.

She sat in her bed, remembering what it was like when her aunt was here to take care of her husband and her. Even though, Ricky was still and alcoholic, he cared and wasn't the cruel person he was today. They shared this home together and even though they weren't that happy with each other, Ricky was content and comfortable. They argued frequently and it just was never a perfect life. It wasn't enough for her aunt so she left.