Chapter 3

Jasper's POV

Oh hell....her heart rate picked up double time. I guess I should continue to play this out. No turning back now. Maybe I can pull the trick women play all the time. One second I'm interested the next we need time to know one another.  

"Give me your name." I say sliding my lips along her neck. I press my leg to her middle pinning her against the barside. Oh great more heat. 

"Come on little lady...I know you can speak." I breathe in her hair just behind her ear. Her breath come quick and short. Her hands find my chest as I cup her face and neck pulling her closer to me. She digs into my chest with her nails and pushes her chest to my rib cage.  

"Tell me angel. I need to know what to call you when you are wrapped in my arms early in the morning after experiencing my love." I purr in to the corner of her mouth. I'm just a breath away from that sweet skin. Ugh! No! Focus on gaining information dummy! Jeez I really went deep on that last line. I am NOT in my time anymore. Focus man!!!!

Macy's POV

OH. MY. GOD. Is he really in my arms ,wedging his thigh between my legs ,telling me I'll experience his love???? One night stand or a real emotion? Ugh! No! I was supposed to be in his space making him sweat. Why in the hell can't I speak? Oh his lips are so close...just a taste I will bet anything he tastes like honey. Argh! Focus! Wait angel? I'm an angel now? Oh god what did he ask me again? My number? My age? Hold on...his eyes. They really are gold like Khay said they were. Okay if he wants to play I'll play.  

"I am the club owner and house DJ. I go by DJ Gold but my name is Macy." I whisper  

He freezes and tightens his grip on my jaw. His eyes reflect confusion and anger. For a moment I'm truly aware of just how dangerous Jasper can really be. The customers behind the bar begin to sober up and a snarl rips from his chest just under my shaking hands. Did I betray his trust? Why is he angry? Why am I scared?! Ive never shivered when in danger not even when a loaded gun was practically up my nose. What makes now any different? More importantly...who the hell is he looking at? I find myself being shoved roughly toward the emergency exit behind the rack of booze. Jasper! I turn to see a fiery red mane connected to a petite woman who made me rethink my sexiness and I am pretty darn sexy. Her eyes were black holes of malice and despair, talon looking fingers glisten an alarming red as she flexes them fashioning claws out of her two hands. Her thick, long, shapely legs were apart in an aggressive stance making the red head seem arrogant and haughty. Like she owns the place. Like hell she does. I'll show her what happens when you come to the Luna and act out of character. Before I could open my mouth I notice Jasper extending his arm across my body.

"Why are you here Vienna?" he demands. His voice hard and threatening. Involutarily I shudder clinging to his shirt. What about my customers? They need to get out of here something is not right. Thinking quickly I pull the fire alarm. Lights and equipment shut off and flood lights illuminate the exits and the packed club dissipates while I return to Jasper's searching hand. Never taking his eyes off the immediate threat he pulls me to him wrapping me in a steely embrace. The snarling woman draws my attention to the conversation at hand.  

"I'll take this pet you keep and use her up good. She won't feel a thing. Won't remember you or me just like old times. Where have you been? Maria misses you. You can't hide anymore Jasper she's looking for you everyone is." she replies in a sickly sweet tone.

My head is spinning and I feel light headed. At the name Maria Jasper's grip tightened around my waist. The blood flow is slowing down. So that's what her name is huh?

"She's dead. The life we had is dead. Leave me be and cease these idle threats. I will not hesitate to dismember you next time you disrespect Macy. Leave NOW!" He said.

Vienna takes two steps closer to the bar. Her blood covered hand brings about a glowing purple orb. She smiles at the rage Jasper is struggling to check within his shaking frame.  

"Good night Dinner." she smiles at me and crushes the orb. White light dances behind my eyes as I fall. The world fades into the black void of unconsciousness while I struggle to keep my eyes open long enough to catch a glimpse of his face one more time. I just hope Jasper won't leave me here with her what will happen to me? To him?  

"Jasper...help me." I whisper to the air positive that he couldn't have heard me. Even still. Help.