Chapter 11

Macy's POV

He pulled away all too quickly. My eyes watered at the sweetness, the gentle way he caressed my jaw. I felt negative thoughts at the corner of my mind. I pushed them away. I pulled his head down and he kisses my temple. I close my eyes and lean against his chest while he gripped me tighter. He knew what I was feeling. His heart open and vulnerable just like mine.

"I'm not going anywhere love." I whisper to his jawline. "I promise."

His breath got heavy against my hair. I let him process his feelings. After a moment he leaned back against the arm of the couch. I lay my head against his chest and listened to my heartbeat vibrate off his bones. His hands played in my hair, which was now frizzy and brittle. I opened my eyes to find a pillow against my cheek.

"Jasper..." I whispered. I heard the fear in my voice. I was afraid of him walking away.

"You can be my escort to the shower, but if you're not careful...your clothes I might end up shredding." he said smugly.

I crossed the room quickly, taking his hand.

"Like you can handle me naked." I mumbled.

My back found a wall and my collarbone was touched by a possessive growl. Hips kept me in place while hands restrict my wrists. Teeth graze a sweet spot at the nape of my neck. For the first time I experienced white heat radiating from my spine and coating me with sweat in 3 seconds. My breath was ragged and electricity bounced within my ribcage. Damn. You.

"Trust me, I can handle that." he laughed.

I was determined to keep a straight face. Defiance was my specialty.

"Don't play this game Macy. You...will lose." He said softly.

Bait. He's taunting me. I can beat him. Man of his word? Yeah..right. He's got to learn. I. Never. Lose. I curved my spine, snaked my leg up his hip, leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I felt his air change. I finally had his attention. I'm no green youth.

"Try. Me." I breathed after licking his bottom lip. Without thinking I side stepped out of his grip and walked into the bathroom. As I turned on the shower I heard the click that told me he door was closed. A second click made me freeze. I heard ripping noises and felt fabric fall from my skin. I turned and faced my attacker. I raked my eyes greedily across his chest and belly. I saw him shift and he ended up a breath away from me. The heat came back and the steam made it worse. He placed a finger on my shirt's top button and broke all of them when he quickly raked a finger down my front side. His lips crushed mine when he stepped closer and I heard the faint noise of my shirt being ripped. My eyes stayed closed and I took in his scent. It was equivalent to that of the ocean breeze right after the storm. His lips touched the scars I received from a bear at the age of 17. I opened my eyes to a pair of well worn cowboy boots, jeans, and underwear. Blushing I rushed outside and to the open door at the end of the hall. My back tingled at a cool touch. He's finished already? I suddenly felt my ribs bend inwardly, poking roughly at my lungs and heart. I howled and fell forward. I came face to face with a snowy skinned, red eyed little girl.

"I'm Jane. Where's Jasper?" she smiled maliciously.

Snarls ripped from my chest as Jasper, soaking wet and clad in jeans stepped infront of me.

"How rude." she spat curtly, her eyes cut to Jasper and something snapped. He cried out in pain. I crouched infront of him.

"Okay okay...this is soo boring." chimed a voice.

"I wasn't done Vienna," Jane scolded.

"So have fun with her..." she stalked her one armed self infront of me. " I want him..now." she screeched. I clawed at her face and kicked in her chest. She hurled across the hall and crashed into a bloody heap. I smiled knowing I cracked all her bones. I turned and Jane was gone. Along with Jasper. My love.