Chapter 12

Jasper's POV

I felt her jolt on the bed. My hair wet from my shower, I slide on one of my t-shirts. Her clothes were ripped to shreds earlier. Her sleep warmed skinned....started to sweat. A nervous sweat. She breathes in sharply and her face inches from mine, I took in her countenance. Her slightly damp cocoa complexion, shoulder length multicolored hair, gold eyes, full lips and slender neck.

"Macy." I stare and press a firm blanket of calm over her.

"Hey, what is it. Tell me..." I whisper in the hollow of her neck. My lips kiss her pulse. The mouthwatering aroma of vanilla hits my senses harder. I find myself squeezing her to me. I payed back and pulled her over me. Her heart rate was normal when she sat on my hips. Then it slowed, her shoulders hunched, her head bowed, sharp pain touched my heart and stomach at once. The pain on my stomach external, and repetitive. She was hitting me, and crying. Damn. What now? I feel dread drop a weight in my chest. Not again. We just got past this. I found her snoring lightly when I got out of the shower 30 minutes later. I let her sleep and found a bag to pack what little items I had with me. I had to keep moving or I might have touched, or savored something too soon.

"Why? I just saw her take you from me. You were gone. Jasper we need to leave, Jane is coming." she spoke. I couldn't help it, I protectively crushed her beneath me.

"I don't care who comes. No one is taking me away. I swear on it. Nothing can stop me. Nothing ever will." I growl at her lips. A tear escapes her eye and relief floods her body but she cant hold back her sob. I capture her mouth possessively. Her nails bite into my skin, I press harder against her, determined to not let anything between us. Not even air could pass through. I had to melt her fears away. I kept her warning in the back of my mind. As soon as she was emotionally stable enough we were out of here and headed to Forks, Washington. To safety, I was taking my angel home.