Chapter 5

Macy's POV

Where am I? Why can't I move anything? Oh god my head hurts. What was that? Was that a growl? Ugh! I can't believe this mess! One moment I'm about to kiss those rose pink, soft, honey-sweet lips, the next I'm pulling the fire alarm to get the party-goers away from that red head and now I'm on some bed or sofa paralyzed. There's that noise again, someone is definitely here with me. A male it sounds like. No woman's footsteps are that heavy. Footsteps? He's getting closer. He smells like...like Jasper! That bastard has me on this cushion thingy about to have his way with me???? He could have just asked for crying out loud! I try and yell out his name to let him know I'm aware of his presence but I feel like dead weight. His name comes out almost inaudible. He gets closer and says my name.

"achhhmmmn!" I sneeze in response.

I can see in my mind those candied lips playing over my name. I wanted so long to hear him say it, so long I waited to have permission to dig my fingers in his chest. Not only that but for him to admit he's just as hot for me as I am for him makes me sweat. His muscular body beside mine is all I ever wanted. His voice caressing me like silk as his words become reality for me. That woodsy, earth smell taking home in my pores as I drink in his every feature. Those scars all over him contribute to his pain, I want to kiss each one and make it melt away so that there's only love playing against that handsome face. The face I long to stare at, and those eyes. Those golden eyes that holds the weight of the universe behind them. The eyes that never match the smile I caught the other night. Why can't I ease the pain you feel? Will you let me? Let me in and do the same for me? Is it possible that you are the one I've been searching for all my life. The one my momma talked about taking me and transforming me into a real princess. Can I let that hope resurface? Can you handle the neglect and hurt I've carried almost all of my life? I find myself crying, sobbing uncontrollably. Jasper kneels in front of me. His eyes searching for truth, acceptance, and permission within my own. I grant it by roughly embracing him. My hands tangled within the silky waves surrounding his face, I hide in the cool hollow of his neck. His hands press against my hair.

"I'm not going anywhere." he whispers.

I pull back after a few minutes to search his face. I was too vulnerable right now to deal with any lies and deception. I'd like to keep some of my innocence thank you very much. Understanding shone in his eyes. They remind me of my mother and the night I last saw her alive. The night she gave me up to save me. Also the night I was dumped in this crazy world without care, instruction, guidelines or pity even.

-Flashback-

"You have to let go now, I must leave." she sighs into my hair.

While holding back a sob I fought the strange woman in this giant house screaming toward the frame walking away from me. The one person who knew me. My confident, protector, provider, and friend. My mother.