Chapter Fifteen

Jasper's POV

Edward picked us up from the airport. Jacob, Bella and Renesme were also curious to meet Macy. With her being older than my niece there were so many questions they wanted to ask her. When she saw me and my brother look each other in the eye she slid behind me. I looked over my shoulder at her and smiled. Everyone heard her pulse race, faster and faster. Edward stepped closer, her fingers dug into my bicep through my jacket. Amused I side step quickly. Before she realized it, I was behind her hiding my smile in her hair.

"Edward this is my sweet Macy, darling..my brother, sister-in-law, and niece." I whisper. She shivered because of how close I was to her. Jacob cleared his throat and raised his eyebrow. I laughed.

"Oh yeah, my niece's pet Jacob." I moved to grab him into a head lock. Everyone looked at me like I had combusted instantaneously.

To my delight Macy gave him a tentative hug.

"You must love dogs, you smell just like one. It's not a stink just...you smell that way? Uh...erm. Nice to met you all." she sputtered looking down.

Laughing at her, Jacob takes Renesme's hand.

"I'm a werewolf so to speak and I'm her imprinted mate." he replies.

Pure confusion slid over Macy's features. Bella took her hand and guided her to the car.

"Don't mind Jake, how was your flight?" she asked lightly. There were too many things that couldn't be discussed in the openness of the airport parking lot. In addition to the looks I'm starting to get from the women who got off the same flight as us. A red head slithered her arm through mine as I went to pick up the little luggage we brought with us. I looked at her, I had to keep myself from throwing her off me.

"May I help you?" I ask not bothering to hide the annoyance in my voice.

She began speaking and I didn't hear a word she said. I looked her over and thought how I once would have been attracted to her. Sharp blue eyes, slightly tanned skin, rose pink lips, slender frame or size zero, long legs and waist length, flaming red hair. I familiar hand grasped my waist.

"Hi I'm Macy, are you a friend of Jasper's?" a sweet voice crooned.

"I don't give a damn who you are. I was talking to Jasper and no one asked for you to but in so move along chick." the red head spat back.

"Well, I mean I guess I do matter as far as he's concerned being as though I'm his wife. So...I'll ask again. Who are you?" Macy said with a hint of authority and anger weaving in and out of her voice.

I had the strongest desire to provoke her to rip someone to shreds. Even though it would break our treaty I still wanted to see it. If someone doesnt get rid of her, the red head will just have to do for now. Watching her fight for me, her territory, excited me more than I care to admit. I never took Macy as the jealous type but hey, I'm not complaining. I am however, dreading the questions that will arise once my love and my niece fall asleep tonight, they are halflings after all.