x10x

"We're going to wait here for a couple of days and then Warren and I are going to recover the jet at the school," Zaine declared.

"Since when is there a jet at the school?"

"Who says they'll be gone in a couple of days?"

"Do we really have to stay here?"

"How can we trust him when we don't even know him?"

"Because I trust him," I stammered.

"Well considering that you've been on your own for this long, your opinion is irrelevant," Indica said.

"Yeah, sorry, but your word isn't exactly...trustworthy," Cheshire added.

"Well mine is," Zaine said. "And I trust Warren."

"Why?" Jane finally asked. Yeah. Why? Everyone asked the same question and Zaine didn't crack under pressure. Neither did Warren.

"It's none of your business," he said, his voice cracking in sympathy. "That's the plan, and that's it."

"Why should we follow you?" Cheshire asked, just to be defiant. Zaine didn't even want to argue with him because he agreed to disagree.

"Last time I checked, he's all you got," I spoke up.

"Some super strength and impenetrable skin doesn't—"

"Opposed to your what!?" I screamed at him. "You have your little illusions and that's it. You get hurt, they get hurt. All of them get hurt and you know who doesn't? Me and him and—"

"Then let's leave it at that. You with him and then all of us," Indica snapped. I don't know whether it was due to the reason I had drawn from her constant association attempts at Zaine.

"Hell no," Cariba denied. Cheshire stood up and clapped.

"Congratulations, you've brainwashed the new girl in a matter of two days," he praised, sarcastically. His colored eyes fell on me. "Don't think he's so high and mighty, alright? Keep in mind that none of us—none of us here are fully developed at anything."

"I am—"

"Shut up, Jane," everyone snapped.

"Well I am and I plan to help you all...those who want to stay," Warren said.

"Yeah right," Cheshire scoffed, walking near the doorway, but Warren made it into a wall of fire. Instantly, a waterfall covered it and Cariba took credit for it.

"If he wants to leave, let him go," she allowed. "He's wanted to be on his own since day one, so now's his chance."

Cheshire took advantage of her defense and walked out.

Zaine started to take a step and then looked back at me. I saw anger and yet tolerance dancing in his irises before he walked off after Cheshire.

I looked at everyone else. They were all looking back at me, except for Cariba, who was glaring at Warren.

"Well we can either sit here and sulk, or stop fighting each other and survive," Warren simply said. "Be lucky you all have each other out here."

Everyone grumbled at least something before idling moving onto whatever conversations or solitude they wished.

=XXX=

Hours later, the boys still hadn't returned and by now, the argument had blown over because everyone was keeping busy any way they could. But we still wanted to get out of here. I noticed Warren off in a corner, leaning against the wall as if studying the waterfall. I left the crazy game that the twins made and walked over to him.