x22x

"Well look who's back?" Indica greeted when we opened the door. I didn't even roll my eyes.

"Welcome back, fish brain," Cheshire greeted in a grumble as he walked through the living room with a bowl of cereal at nearly midnight. I guess he was still in a bad mood.

"Mmh, appears nothing's changed," Cariba sighed, taking a seat on the smaller couch as the door reopened and the two boys walked in.

"Well if I knew it was a date night—" Cheshire started.

"It wasn't," Warren and Zaine chimed.

"Are you serious?" Indica of all people asked, standing up. My eyes widened. What? Before I could make any assumptions, she left to go upstairs.

"Whatever that's about..." Cariba muttered. Cheshire smiled to himself, laughing about something.

"What?" I asked him. Instead of answering me, he looked over at Warren and Zaine, who went to the kitchen.

"You two are complete idiots!" he insulted.

"We know!" they yelled back. Wrong. If they knew...if they knew...they wouldn't be acting like that.

=XX=

As Cariba and I were talking in our room, there was a light knock on the door. Surprisingly, when it opened, it was Indica peering in. She entered the room and looked down at us. Um.

"Can we help you with something?" Cariba asked, ready to be rude at any moment.

"No, but I can help you," she said. Simultaneously, Cariba and I pathetically laughed at her. Indica? Helping us? Right...But she appeared to be serious because she brushed her hair to the side and sat at the end of our bed. "Look...I know that I've been with both Warren and Zaine and the odds are stacked against me, but I want to help you two."

"With what?" Cariba asked.

"The boys," she answered.

"Just because you're some expert in—" I touched Cariba's arm as I thought about it. Experienced or not, Indica knew how to manipulate and help us in this case. She may have been close or interested in Zaine once and there's no doubt she was with Warren. And I wasn't going to deny her that knowledge just like I wasn't going to deny that I wanted Zaine. But Cariba wasn't having it. "What? I don't want this...bitch 'helping' anyone...and under my understanding, you're with Warren, right?"

What was she doing? Why was she acting so cruel towards Warren and Indica? Warren offered her a relationship and Indica offered her help with that.

"Come on. As if any of that was real. It was just some rebound for you skipping out on us," Indica assured. Even I knew that. Cariba lifted her chin and crossed her arms.

"Why would you even help us? So later you can complain about being the only one without a relationship or us getting your sloppy seconds?" Cariba asked. I lightly hit her. That was rude.

Indica's eyes flashed to mine and I was trying to tell her I wanted help, but like hell if she understood that. She got up from the bed and started backing up.

"Well I'm just trying to make things right, but fine okay. I get it," she said, humbly, and then left.

"What is wrong with you?" I scolded.

"She's trying to play at something and it's not working," she accused.

"Or maybe she's trying to mend a broken bridge, unlike you," I optioned, positioning myself for sleep. "We both know what we want out of the people here, especially the ones in the next room over, so why would we push away any opportunity for that?"