x39x

Come back to life, was ringing in my ears and from there on, as soon as a flinch of his finger went in my direction to grab out to me, I was grabbing it, contorting it until I heard a crack and then sub sequentially seized his wrist to do the same. I then grabbed his elbow and used it against his own body weight to wrap around his back and I kicked him from behind, onto a table, but with his left hand, he smacked the desktop and a red orb of energy emitted and was sent my direction. At first, it threw me back to my feet, but as I glared up at him, I felt no injury. Quite the opposite actually. I felt my cells recharging with a new adrenaline directed to destroy him in any way I could.

So as his fists spread apart to create a defensive stance, red waves neared me, but as it tore up the carpet of the office, I focused on the red sound and I suddenly saw curved wave lengths bouncing back onto his body when his concussion hit me. And as he looked down at his hands for an explanation, there were two yellow-sounding, steel arrows breaking through the air, heading straight for him. I looked back to see Wib standing out of the body-sized cast he made in the wall, ready to fight with a bow and arrow.

The guy charged at the bloodied-up Wilbur, with his fist enlightened with red energy and Wib's eyes fell to the pair of feet charging at him with gray blunders of sound and then suddenly, he lifted his hands and the gray waves flipped upward like a snap-ruler and our enemy flew backwards.

"Whoa," I commented, very impressed.

"Chevy to Noble. I'm on my level. What the hell is going on down there?" a personal radio sounded from across the office-building floor where he was passed out. I was already hearing the rubble move from when he was struggling to get up, and I didn't want to wait for him to answer the familiar-voiced Chevy.

"Stairs," Wib pointed out after grabbing our files from the desk and hesitantly passing the awaking body, we opened the door of the stairwell and started going up, realizing we couldn't go down. Not because there was a fight, but because up was the only way.

After one level, there was a door that was labeled "Chevy's Cabinet."

Wib pulled at me, but I waved him off, signing for him to keep climbing the stairs, but I immediately opened the door so I could finish this. And for the first time tonight, I grabbed the one gun I had in my belt. There was another door and in my fury, I kicked it open. When I looked around to the setting in front of me, I paused. It was as if all this government funding was for some rich snob, who lived in this ravish penthouse that had large windows on a full side that overlooked the downtown area of corporate and federal offices. There was a yellow, blue, and white theme to what seemed to be a living room and visibly connecting dining room, as if the person rooted for my old high school pride or something, and then there was a notable, huge, stainless steel kitchen towards the back hallway, but as I walked back to where I assumed a bedroom would be, I pointed my gun in every direction. Before I reached the furthest sliding door, I looked over to see an open doorway (no door, in fact) with a desk office and a cracked TV screen. The frame was paused on a recognizable scene: when I kissed Zaine. My feelings of adoration for him and that moment clouded my realization that he might be gone entirely, but I wanted to know who was spying on us in the first place. And why they were so mad to break a plasma screen. I saw the same files belonging to me and Wilbur and I was that much more confused. I suddenly entered the bedroom and saw simple shirts that any guy could wear and nothing personal at all.

"Chevy, they're gone. I lost her and Wib," I heard a familiar voice say, out of breath over a radio mounted on a counter. I grunted in anger, but then paused when I realized what he said. Her and Wib. It was someone I knew. I had recognized the voice earlier, but not completely and now I knew they knew me because only certain people knew I called my brother Wib.