x26x

"So when are you going to build up the nerve to tell me to kiss you?" Warren asked Cariba as he lounged around in the living room while Wib and I returned from our day of "bonding" together and with the twins.

"When whatever Zaine is trying to pull actually works?" Cariba replied. "No chance in hell."

"Actually..." I started. "What he said actually worked. The twins spent the afternoon with us and before the end of the incredibly intense water fight, they sort of...progressed."

It was actually pretty fun. We had fake sword fights, and lame games, and water balloon& gun fights in teams. It was a lot of fun with little actual combat information and I don't know how, but...they developed from being around me and Wib, somehow.

"How so?"

"Well now they can duplicate as one and instead of acting as two separate people, they managed to mimic each other in unison," Wib explained. "I guess that's what was intended."

"Getting all my clothes soaked was not," I laughed. I was seriously drenched. It was unfair to have a war between a new girl and her deaf brother against two trained twins who were able to multiply. Suddenly, I felt my clothes dry and saw Cariba containing the wetness into a sphere of water, moving it across the room, near Warren. However, he leapt over and grabbed her waist as she sat down.

"If I'm getting drenched, you're going down with me," he played and then Cariba smirked as she dropped her hands. As the ball of water fell, Warren sent up an arm full of flames and all the water was evaporated, but then Cariba rolled off the couch, hissing in pain. She grabbed the top part of her arm, but her forearm was burned by flames. She rolled on the ground with a medium injury that even made me cringe and then Warren's face had complete terror in himself.

"I'm—I'm so sorry, Car. I didn't mean it, I just—"

"AGH!" she groaned in pain.

"We need a First Aid Kit," I said and then Wib and I took off into different directions to find one as Warren stayed at Cariba's side. I dashed up the stairs and then saw Sumer standing there, patiently with a first aid kit in her hands and Jane at her side. I hesitantly took it, wondering if she had the vision, why didn't she prevent it? I started to turn to go and aid Cariba, but Jane's voice slowed me.

"You can be doing this on your own, without anything but your powers," she said. I paused and turned around to her. What? I could only heal myself. Not others. "When you get Zaine to develop all of his powers, you will too."

I didn't want to waste time pondering what I knew I would, because my best friend was writhing in pain downstairs. When I returned to her, she was clenching Warren's hand and before I could even open the kit, he was stopping me. My eyes connected to his, emitting equal concern.

"Let me do it," he whispered and I just allowed him to. He opened the kit and I replaced Cariba's hold with my hand.

"Don't. Touch. Me." Cariba growled.

"Cariba, I didn't mean it!" he yelled and she finally closed her full lips. He pulled out a gauze and an Ace bandage. Then, he stopped and looked over at me. "Can you get me a towel with water on it—"

Instead of completing the request, Wib had entered the room with a towel over his shoulder and a glass of water in his hand. Warren took the glass and looked down to Cariba as her flesh was still causing severe pain that even I was starting to feel.

"Cariba, this might hurt, but it's really the only way—"

"Just do it, assh0le!" she yelled and then he lightly poured the water over her burn area. She winced for a second and then her body relaxed. I saw some of her singed skin heal, but not as much as needed. Warren poured a little more, but instead of the beads of water rolling off of her skin, she soaked it up. Cariba reached up and grabbed the back of Warren's hair. "Don't you dare do that again!"