x31x

Zaine stood awkwardly in front of me in his navy shirt and jeans.

"I don't know how you want to—" he started to say, but then I swiped his feet and he landed almost on the ground before bouncing up and looking at me incredulously. "What are you doing?"

"I'm serious about this," I told him.

"Well then," he huffed and then reached out to grab me, but I struggled because of his super strength. My arms were crossed over my chest and collarbone and my back was pressed to him, allowing no escape. If he was really an enemy, he'd be supplying less and less oxygen to my brain. "And what are you gonna do when they grab you like this?"

Suddenly, I hitched an idea and just relaxed in his arms, enabling him to loosen his grip in question or concern and I took that opportunity to generate enough strength to throw my hands down and find a release. I was out of breath in that short moment, but faced him.

"That," I answered him. He sized me up with hard set eyes.

"But they won't care that you pass out. They won't give you leniency," he lectured.

"Then don't give me mercy either," I figured as I charged at him, only to experience his combat at first hand as he grabbed me by the waist and hauled me over his shoulder with his arm over the back of my thighs. I grabbed as high on the back of his shirt as I could and kicked my legs over, but his grip was too strong. So I wrapped my shins around his neck and scrunched my body up to a position in which I grabbed his arm that held me, only to put all my weight to the side to throw him off balance and in that, his grip released and I was able to kick my feet over after unwrapping from his neck, and I tuck-n-rolled when I hit the ground. But before I could smirk at Zaine for beating him, he had pulled me up from the ground, turned me sideways and hugged my legs into my own chest. I managed to push myself away from him and roll out of his arms, but then he had followed and landed on top of me.

When I looked at his face, something made him uneasy, even though he was in the advantage point. I was just happy that he was still doing this. But something was wrong.

"What?" I whispered as I was being crushed beneath him.

"I'm afraid of what could happen in a position like this," he muttered, worried for reasons not at all related to combat. It was about me being a girl.

"So let's not find out," I said just to assure him before I brought my knees up with some unknown strength and once I felt my feet hit his abdomen, I pushed up roughly and he flipped over me. I grabbed onto his shirt and went with him as my legs wrapped around his body and when his back hit the ground, and his inertia or anxiousness would make his upper torso raise, but I placed my hands on his shoulder and knocked them back onto the ground and I heard the breath knock out of him, like Nala and Simba wrestling in The Lion King. I was out of breath as I straddled him and his eyes were widened in shock. I was surprised myself.

"Damn," I heard and we both looked over to the house and saw a handful of spectators. Zaine's hands went to my waist and easily moved me off of him like I was some one pound doll. I looked up at him and he extended his hand to pull me up without any effort on my part.

"So what's it going to be, hotshot?" Cheshire asked from the distance with the twins, Cariba, Warren, Wib and Jane watching. "Because I've never seen anyone pin you, but Sentara and even then—"

"There was no combat involved, just wrestling," Zaine said. "She doesn't know how to deal with recovery and they have weaponry—"

"What the hell is weaponry to a girl who can't feel anything?" Anthony asked. He had a point, but no one knew that I could feel the injuries just as they happened, and I could remember the pain, but it just...healed over quickly.